FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Any way to do this?
by darrenporter1 on Sun May 31, 2020 11:01 am
You can do specific plugins with a macro assigned to a function key. For example, I have a key setup to add Console 1 to the currently selected channel.

You'll know you're an old rock-n-roller when the only spandex in your pants is in the elastic waistband. :D

Studio One Professional 4.6.1
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
Audient iD44, TASCAM US16x08, Presonus 1810
FaderPort 8, Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
UAD-2 PCIe DUO (two of them), v9.11
by robreid1 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:31 pm
that's a great idea that I need to implement! But not really what I'm talking about here.

Let's say I already have 3 or 4 reverb and delay FX tracks setup.

Is there a way to add a send to one of those effects directly on the fader port, or is using the mouse and doing it on screen the only way?

Cheers,
Rob
by darrenporter1 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:10 pm
Oh ok I see what you are saying... send not insert... my bad.

Not sure... but investigate this line of thinking... if you can do it in a macro, you can assign that macro to a function key on the FP's.

You'll know you're an old rock-n-roller when the only spandex in your pants is in the elastic waistband. :D

by darrenporter1 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:51 pm
OK I did a little testing and this is all I could come up with...

You can create a macro called "Add Send" (or whatever you want to call it)
The command is: Console|Add Send

Assign this to a function key in the FP

What this will do is, for the currently selected channel, bring up the menu that comes up when you do the same thing with the "plus" icon in the "Sends" section with your mouse. You can then use the your computer's keyboard up/down cursor keys to select the option you want.

It saves you from going to the mouse but it still requires your hand going to the keyboard and if you have multiple channels selected it will add the send to all selected channels, so that's nice.

by robreid1 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:25 pm
Seems pretty elegant actually! I'll give it a try, thanks!

darrenporter1 wroteOK I did a little testing and this is all I could come up with...

You can create a macro called "Add Send" (or whatever you want to call it)
The command is: Console|Add Send

Assign this to a function key in the FP

What this will do is, for the currently selected channel, bring up the menu that comes up when you do the same thing with the "plus" icon in the "Sends" section with your mouse. You can then use the your computer's keyboard up/down cursor keys to select the option you want.

It saves you from going to the mouse but it still requires your hand going to the keyboard and if you have multiple channels selected it will add the send to all selected channels, so that's nice.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1