FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,
I own a Faderport 8 v3.4.3 and use Studio One v4.6.1 Pro on Windows 10 64 bits system. When I reassign some functions on my faderport and the restart Studio One, I lose all the reassigned functions and everything is set back to default configuration.
Some Faderport 2018 users experienced the same issue viewtopic.php?f=392&t=33775
and I also saw some testimonies on the facebook group for some Faderport 8/16 users.
Does someone experience the same issue or have a solution ? I opened a support ticket but I didn't get answer for now.
Thanks in advance.
by TomTama on Sun May 17, 2020 7:13 am
I have the same issue. I opened a ticket with Presonus. They had me delete the Studio One Settings folder (after making a copy) and restart S1. They hoped this would solve the problem, but it didn't. I reported this back to them and for some reason, they just closed the ticket.

2013 Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, TB2, 64GB RAM, Catalina 10.15.7, Dell 43" 4K Monitor, Luna Display, 2X Apollo x8, Apollo x8p, UAD OCTO TB3 Satellite, UAD QUAD TB3 Satellite, UAD V9.14.5, UA OX 1.2, Studio One 5.4, Dangerous Dbox+, Dangerous 2-Bus LT, MiniDSP w/Dirac 2.0, Behringer PowerPlay P16-M & P16-I, ATOM, SSL UF8, Akai Advance 49, Focal Twin 6be, Focal Sub6
by METALPLATED1 on Wed May 20, 2020 6:45 pm
Same here, I just posted a reply in the faderport 2018 discussion. They ghosted me too, I'm super pissed about this and the melodyne bug as well. It's a pain in the @%#^ ! To be fair I would have been content with the wait for a future update non answer that they gave had they not ghosted me twice and closed my ticket. The issue is not resolved presonus..........!
by TomTama on Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 am
I opened a new ticket about a week ago. They asked me to delete the settings folder again after I had already told them a tried it without success. They then had me send them a couple of configuration files that did confirm the change I made is saved after closing S1 but is getting overwritten upon opening S1. The S1 team has now punted to the Faderport team. I haven't heard from the Faderport team in three days.

I have a feeling this is not going to get resolved any time soon.

2013 Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, TB2, 64GB RAM, Catalina 10.15.7, Dell 43" 4K Monitor, Luna Display, 2X Apollo x8, Apollo x8p, UAD OCTO TB3 Satellite, UAD QUAD TB3 Satellite, UAD V9.14.5, UA OX 1.2, Studio One 5.4, Dangerous Dbox+, Dangerous 2-Bus LT, MiniDSP w/Dirac 2.0, Behringer PowerPlay P16-M & P16-I, ATOM, SSL UF8, Akai Advance 49, Focal Twin 6be, Focal Sub6
by TomTama on Thu May 28, 2020 11:00 am
This is the last reply I received from PreSonus support on this issue.

Hello

Thank you for getting back to us.

Based on the information, It looks like you're experiencing a technical bug within our system.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention—feedback from customers like you is a critical asset to the improvement of our hardware and software!

We will alert you through a support ticket follow-up to notify you if and when an update is available and where to get it.

Thank you again for all your patience with us while we work to figure out the root causes.

by Annibale Hexe on Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:26 pm
I'm on Studio One 5.2, and still the same problem...
by Annibale Hexe on Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:41 pm
bruceqld wroteI had this issue and found a workaround that might work for you. I have 3 versions of Studio One installed for testing purposes. Each one has its own faderport surfacedata file located in it's specific installation folder (in devices). None of these are updated when custom buttons are changed. The file in the master settings folder (appdata-roaming-presonus) is the only one that is updated, and none of the installed versions read it when starting. The solution was to manually copy that version of the 'Presonus Faderport (2018).surfacedata' file to the specific version installation folders.

This solution worked for me !
by METALPLATED1 on Thu May 27, 2021 12:13 am
This solution does work but it is a pain. Go into a session. Program Faderport in the usual ways, ie set your user key functions, open plugins map them to the Faderport, save session and close. The file that was updated lives in (on windows 10) Local Disk (C:)/ users/ your user account name/ AppData/ Roaming/ PreSonus/ Studio one 5/ Surface Data [1]/ Presonus FaderPort 8, "SURFACEDATA File".

This "Presonus Faderport 8.SURFACEDATA File" must be copied and pasted to.....

Local Disk (C:)/ Program Files/ PreSonus/ Studio One 5/ Devices/ PreSonus/ FaderPort 8+16.

Delete any surfacedata files in this folder "FaderPort 8+16" that have to do with FaderPort 8 only, including the FaderPort 8.Factory file if there is one in there.

Now paste the updated "SURFACEDATA File" you copied from the previous file location to this one.

Your FaderPort 8 will now see the updates you have made when you load your sessions. Until they actually give a S1#t , your going to have to do this every time you program new user keys and plug in mappings on the FaderPort.

This should be an easy fix "PreSonus" why over a year and nothing? The text file that Studio one looks at when loading is not the one being updated when making user edits to the FaderPort. So either change the file location that gets edited when a session is open or change the locations that the file gets saved to. If it has to be in the appdata location folder then make a patch that saves a copy to and overwrites the old file in the correct folder of the "program files" location/path. Please......... or better yet tell me where to make that patch and I will do it my self...
by METALPLATED1 on Sat May 29, 2021 3:43 am
Annibale Hexe wrote
bruceqld wroteI had this issue and found a workaround that might work for you. I have 3 versions of Studio One installed for testing purposes. Each one has its own faderport surfacedata file located in it's specific installation folder (in devices). None of these are updated when custom buttons are changed. The file in the master settings folder (appdata-roaming-presonus) is the only one that is updated, and none of the installed versions read it when starting. The solution was to manually copy that version of the 'Presonus Faderport (2018).surfacedata' file to the specific version installation folders.

This solution worked for me !

I have actually taken it one step further and fixed the issue through the command line actions on windows 10. I have notified PreSonus, hopefully somebody there will care about this, judging by the amount of looks this thread has gotten, this is not an isolated issue at all. Probably effects thousands of users currently. If you all want the directions on how to do this manually let me know and I will post a walk through. This patch fixes the issue, meaning that the .surfacedata file will be updated correctly when the user makes changes to their Faderport 8/16. Should also work for Faderport1 users as well. There is no need for copy and paste anymore, this fixes the functionality of the unit. If you look up "hard link" you will find the correct way to autosave a copy of your changes in the correct folder for studio one to reference and it will always update there.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1