FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm on MacOS, Studio One 4.6.1 and the latest FP8 firmware. It worked okay with Ableton for a couple weeks, but now in Studio One it's basically useless. The faders move, but no other buttons make anything happen and the scribble strips are blank.

I tried reinstalling the firmware which led to an immediate FP8 failure, then tried again. The reinstall was successful, but nothing changed about the Faderport.

Photo atttached.

As someone already frustrated with Presonus and Studio One, this is icing on the cake.

I should mention the solution posted here has no effect (holding the Next button while powering up the unit does nothing).
viewtopic.php?f=392&t=36877

Attachments
IMG_20200507_234308.jpg
by klypeman on Fri May 08, 2020 4:29 am
I checked what to do when using my MacMini and came up with this:
Turn off the Faderport 8 with the power button, turn it on while pushing and holding the two leftmost Select buttons, then the options come up in the display, choose the Studio One with the Select button and press the Restart Faderport button.
Good to go !
Now it should be ready to be set as an external device in SO.
Tell me how it goes !!
:mrgreen:

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by alexruimy on Fri May 08, 2020 12:06 pm
klypeman wroteI checked what to do when using my MacMini and came up with this:
Turn off the Faderport 8 with the power button, turn it on while pushing and holding the two leftmost Select buttons, then the options come up in the display, choose the Studio One with the Select button and press the Restart Faderport button.
Good to go !
Now it should be ready to be set as an external device in SO.
Tell me how it goes !!
:mrgreen:

It worked!! Thank you SO much!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1