FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
50 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
frank.crow wrote
Please forgive me if this was already answered but how do you put S1 in remote view?

Hi Frank. In S1 press F3 to show the console. In the bottom left corner of the console you'll see the icons for audio tracks, FX, busses, vca tracks. Just to the immediate right of those icons is the Remote button. Press it to turn it on. On your Faderport press the Shift button and the All button to put the faderport into remote mode
by frank.crow on Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:23 am
Thanks so much, I tried this work around and it’s fantastic.

I’m so glad to have this functionality back.

Thanks again

Frank

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by Blades on Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:26 pm
Glad to know I'm not losing my mind on this and that it is working as expected with the Remote versino and the NOT "Shift ALL" option. Interestingly, I thought it should have worked this way to begin with, basically obviating the need for the Shift ALL mode to begin with. Full circle and all that! :)

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by Blades on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 pm
Another minor update here: It seems that you still DO have to put the FP into Shift ALL mode, but then you can disengage the Shift and the All mode seems to stay in play. I think. Too many modes/options to keep up with, between S1 and the FP.

But it STILL beats the heck out of the Behringer BCF2000 or the FP8 with Cakewalk or any other combo I've found so far!

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by paulgigliotti on Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:37 am
You most likely have the shift button engaged. If you have selected the SHIFT + ALL option to sync your S1 mixer view with Faderport. You must press SHIFT again to turn off the shift function. Hope that helps?
by darrenporter1 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:49 am
The reason this feature broke my workflow is not the Shift-All... it's that while tracking I like to leave the shift-lock engaged so I can use my custom button assignments with just a single key press.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by peterbaird on Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:12 pm
Fixed in 5.2!

Fader reset now requires press and hold on Shift button as you do a momentary touch of the fader saddle whether you're in Normal or Shift mode. Thanks devs!

Peter

MacBook Pro 15,1 2.3GHz
Monterey 12.6.2
Studio One 6.0.2
StudioLive 32R
Faderport 16
ATOM
by darrenporter1 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:50 pm
peterbaird wroteFixed in 5.2!

Fader reset now requires press and hold on Shift button as you do a momentary touch of the fader saddle whether you're in Normal or Shift mode. Thanks devs!

Peter

I have not downloaded the new version yet (I am a late-adopter by nature.) Can you confirm that when Shift-Lock is enabled it no longer resets the faders?

If so, that may be reason enough to get the new version!

I have to admit though, I have really been evaluating whether or not the FP8 is enhancing or hindering my workflow... In all honesty, FOR ME, I get just about everything I want/need out of my Console 1 surface... except for the transport controls... so I am seriously considering either going all-in with the Console 1/Console 1 Fader combo or completely downsizing to the single-fader version and mainly just use it for the transport and occasional assignable buttons use.

I'm thinking I may get more milage out of selling my FP8 to help finance a UAD Quad or Octo and converting my whole setup to Thunderbolt/M1 Mac and jumping-ship to LUNA, but still have the "safety net" of Studio One.

by peterbaird on Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:44 pm
I'll make sure tomorrow, but I'm pretty certain the software now requires press-and-hold on Shift to engage the fader reset in any mode. 5.2 generally is a pretty big step forward.

Peter

Just checked again. Yes, you can touch the faders all you want in Shift lock and they won't suddenly move to unity. You have to press and hold Shift to engage the fader reset.

MacBook Pro 15,1 2.3GHz
Monterey 12.6.2
Studio One 6.0.2
StudioLive 32R
Faderport 16
ATOM
by darrenporter1 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:34 pm
YES! Finally!

I'm glad they found a solution that fixes what many of us thought was broken about it but still allowed a simple solution for those who actually loved the new feature... win-win all around!

Thanks for confirming this for me! Maybe I'll make the move when 5.2.1 comes out.

50 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3