FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
What if there was a control surface made exactly or better like the bottom half of the studio live 64s
but with out the top....

also moving the master fader section towards the far right of the board maybe?.
oh and beautiful meter bridge would be amazing!

Just an idea

I’m considering getting a studio live mixer just for daw control..
And don’t really need all the other stuff that comes with the mixer... would be way cheaper for clients and presonus? :s
by darrenporter1 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:53 pm
Sounds very cool.

However, I'm actually thinking of downsizing... I currently use a FaderPort 8 with Softube Console 1 and am thinking I may be perfectly happy with just a new-gen FaderPort single together with the C1 and the extra desk space.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by matthewgorman on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:06 am
get 2 faderport 16's? cheaper than the mixer.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by darrenporter1 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:19 pm
matthewgorman wroteget 2 faderport 16's? cheaper than the mixer.

Is that possible? I thought it couldn't be done.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by matthewgorman on Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:58 pm
To run them together? Yes you can. Johnny Geib supports a few customers using multiple Faderports

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by mikemanthei on Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:24 pm
matthewgorman wroteTo run them together? Yes you can. Johnny Geib supports a few customers using multiple Faderports

But if you're spending that much money you might as well just get a studiolive 32. Instead of merely having 32 channels of control surface, you also get an audio interface with 32 mic preamps and dare I say it a master fader :-)

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by brianhamre on Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:50 am
I was looking for something to fill the space on a rab 36” console desk. I currently own the fader port 8 and highly desire a 32 track version. Keep it built just like the 8 and 16 but I would request bigger scribble strips and led lights for each fader would be beautiful.

a colorful Vu and adjustable track colors match the session would be a cool feature from you guys. I just love your controllers in the studio and really wish you folks would make 32 version for large studio sessions and desks. I just learned how to control my VST with the faderport 8 thanks to a video. I hope they come out with a 32 track console version for people mixing large studio sessions and that use faders.

I personally use cubase and absolutely love your controller with my workflow. Add larger vu meters and time track and even led colors per fader would be so beautiful. Please and thank you 🙏
by nickschreger on Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:44 am
darrenporter1 wroteSounds very cool.

However, I'm actually thinking of downsizing... I currently use a FaderPort 8 with Softube Console 1 and am thinking I may be perfectly happy with just a new-gen FaderPort single together with the C1 and the extra desk space.

I had and still have a single V2. I got me an additional FP16 because mixing is SO MUCH easier and better with at least 8 faders. With just one fader, balancing two or more tracks is very difficult. I now have the single fader FP in the vocal booth.

Details

Main Studio-Computer: Apple Mac Mini M1 - 16GB RAM 8‑Core CPU, 8‑Core GPU and 16‑Core Neural Engine
Operating System: (latest MacOS)
Audio-Interface: Presonus Quantum 2626
Preamp: ART Voice Channel
Console: SSL UC-1, Presonus Faderport 16, Presonus Faderport V2
Studio-Monitors: Rokit KRK8 1st. gen. / Presonus Eris E5BT

Music Styles: Classic Rock/Blues a tad of Country
Instruments: Guitar - Bass - Keys - Drums - Voc
by ryanm1 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:54 am
Or just a 16 fader extension, without the redundant buttons to build whatever size you need.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1