FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, tried to open a support ticket but the light-box window was screwing up and the submit button wouldn't work anyone shed any light on this?

Currently demoing studio one thinking about switching from reaper. I have a FP16 and original fader port hooked up.

I'm also auditioning a new apollo x6 on Windows 10 through TB3 and trying to isolate some popping/clicking issues.

One thing I noticed is that in the MIDI monitor it is constantly sending messages to the FP16 and original fader port. Is this normal behavior?

message is A0 00 00 Description is PolyPressure being sent to the FP16 basically one per second. See screenshot.

Just wondering if this is normal?

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments
FP16 MIDI MESSAGES.png
by robreid1 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:33 pm
See this pic for what it is doing with the regular FP plugged in as well.

http://prntscr.com/qbub82

Just constantly streaming midi data to em, maybe it's normal, just seems weird to me.
In my S1 setup using the FP8 I have this as well. I have often wondered the same, but I think its the other way around: FP8 is sending MIDI data to the DAW (matter of perspective I guess). Based on the message, I’d have to make a guesstimate it is related to the touch sensitivity of the FP8.

But thats really just my guess. In short: perfectly normal, and didn't cause any issues for me in nearly 1 year of use. I just use the Midi Monitor filter options to not show them when watching what comes in.

Studio One Professional 6.1.1 | 64bit Melodyne Assistant 5.2.0.006

Faderport 8 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen
Studiologic SL88 Grand | Yamaha YDP-163 | Yamaha HS8 & HS8S | Austrian Audio Hi-X65 | Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO

Windows 10 x64 | AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus X570PRO | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | 6TB NVME SSD
by jacobharvey1 on Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:04 pm
This is happening all of a sudden with my faderport and the ping is causing an audible pop in recordings in Studio one 5 and Studio one 6.

I need it to stop.
by PreAl on Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:17 am
jacobharvey1 wroteThis is happening all of a sudden with my faderport and the ping is causing an audible pop in recordings in Studio one 5 and Studio one 6.

I need it to stop.

Which model faderport?
What exactly is the MIDI message?

I have similar with my Faderport classic, which is out of support.
It's NoteOn C-2 100 for me every second.

I'm curious to see what the newer faderports are doing with Studio One 6.1.2 (with latest firmware), especially the one channel version.
I find it a pain in the butt, but I guess it is as intended, I would however like to know what the intention is.

faderportmidi.png

NB similar threads...

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=28403

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=4239

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1