FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi folks, I asked a question at the weekend but even with 50 views, I've not received an answer so I thought it best if I simplified my question in order to start troubleshooting from the start.

My question: On the Faderport 8, If I select a channel and move the slider to change the volume, why would 'other' tracks move as well?. I'm not running automation on any tracks at this point. I'm simply moving sliders in order to get a balanced mix to save using the mouse. Is it something I could potentially be doing wrong?

I've also noticed that when quitting Studio One, some of the sliders go to the bottom of the channel strip, others stop about an inch away.

There are also times I'm moving the sliders and feel resistance on them as if the motor is fighting me.

Any input would be appreciated. Many thanks.
by Trucky on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:04 pm
jamiebridle wroteHi folks, I asked a question at the weekend but even with 50 views, I've not received an answer so I thought it best if I simplified my question in order to start troubleshooting from the start.

My question: On the Faderport 8, If I select a channel and move the slider to change the volume, why would 'other' tracks move as well?. I'm not running automation on any tracks at this point. I'm simply moving sliders in order to get a balanced mix to save using the mouse. Is it something I could potentially be doing wrong?

They shouldn't. How is your mix setup in Studio One. Any busses or groups? What version of Studio One and FaderPort 8 firmware are you running?

jamiebridle wroteI've also noticed that when quitting Studio One, some of the sliders go to the bottom of the channel strip, others stop about an inch away.

There are also times I'm moving the sliders and feel resistance on them as if the motor is fighting me.

Any input would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Maybe a fader calibration would help.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by jamiebridle on Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:53 am
Hi Trucky, thanks for replying. No groups or buses on the channels. I'm new to S1 after using Logic for 15+ years so at the moment everything is being kept dead simple. My Studio One version is 4.5.5 and my Faderport Firmware version is 3.32 after having updated it today.

I did a test and created a new project, with X2 Midi tracks and X2 Audio tracks. No groups or busses. The Midi tracks were running an instance of Mai Tai on each, and the Audio was running Wav loops.

Midi tracks were on 1 and 2, audio on 3 and 4.

I then started to alter the volume of each track using the FP8.

Midi tracks worked fine. But the audio! I pulled the fader down on track 3 and track 4 jumped down around an inch below 3. It actually kept following track 3 downwards. I could also feel some resistance on track 4's fader.

So, I decided to reset the unit back to factory settings and amazingly it seems to be working fine. I opened a song that contains 16+ channels and I can move the faders around with no issues. I'm hesitant to update the firmware now, but I'm guessing I should as best practice and see what transpires.

Many thanks...
by Trucky on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:37 am
Are you sure you're running in Studio One mode on the FaderPort 8?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by jamiebridle on Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:05 am
Yes, pretty sure. The UI on the older firmware is a bit more obvious. When I selected S1 the unit 'flashed' for a second. Before, using the new firmware, pressing exit did just that, exited the UI but nothing seemed to alter. I might update the FW later and see how the unit responds.
by jamiebridle on Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:24 am
I've now updated the firmware and all seems fine. No weirdness on the faders, everything is how it should be. Not sure what the original issue was but I'll keep on eye on things and see how it goes. If anyone else is having the same issues I'd recommend resetting the unit back to V1, see if all is good, update the firmware accordingly.
by Bbd on Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:08 am
Thanks for the update.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

7 posts
Page 1 of 1