FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Im seriously tempted by the Faderport 16 but why is there no main volume fader?
Can the blue knob be assigned?
by thorstenmustermann on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:14 pm
fash40 wroteIm seriously tempted by the Faderport 16 but why is there no main volume fader?
Can the blue knob be assigned?

You have to press the yellow "Master" button in the "Session-Navigator". In this function the big blue encoder will control the main volume fader. Push the encoder to reset the master volume fader at 0db.

Anyway..... Many people outside there are saying "don't touch the master fader at all". Leave it at 0db.
by DominicB on Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:07 pm
In addition to the "Master Volume" on the big encoder, depending on what DAW software you use, the Master fader will appear in your mix. Just scroll it into view to control it. And because most often there is no need to adjust the Master fader constantly, no need for a dedicated fader for it. Just scroll it into view when you need it for adjustment or automation.

Cheers

Product Manager
Presonus Audio

Mac Pro 1,2 | 8 Core Xeon | 16GB Ram | OSX 10.9
MacBook Pro i7 16
HP Laptop i7 12GB Ram Win 8.1
Interfaces: Presonus,
Controllers: AKAI LPK25, Arturia Minilab, Maschine Mikro mkII, Nektar P49, Keystation Pro 88, Korg Microkey
by peterbaird on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:07 pm
I'll hazard a guess here that the OP might have been referring to the lack of a main monitor pot, not a level control for the main stereo buss. If so, yeah, you're out of luck since the FP8/16 are software controllers only and do not have monitor facilities built-in.

On the flip side, this is part of what makes them so competitive price-wise with other similar-sized fader panels. And it allows people to configure their own setups as they wish--if someone wants a big $ controller (Dangerous Music, Coleman) they won't have those functions duplicated and unused in the fader panel.

My needs are simple, so after I got rid of the OMNI I got a JBL NanoPatch that sits between the L/R outs of the 32R and my monitors. Steer the Studio One main mix to the correct outputs in the 32R, and now the JBL controls level and mute for the monitors. Works just fine.

Peter

MacBook Pro 15,1 2.3GHz
Monterey 12.6.2
Studio One 6.0.2
StudioLive 32R
Faderport 16
ATOM
by Bbd on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:08 pm
Yes and I use a Presonus Central Station PLUS which I love.
As Dominque stated, you can get to the FP's Master fader easily.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

5 posts
Page 1 of 1