FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Bringing this over from the Facebook Studio One Group.

I have had this issue since Studio One 3.5.2. It effects all version later than this including all versions of Studio One 4. All versions of studio one 3.5.2 and earlier are not effected.

There is a similar Issue where the first four Windows on the Faderport are effected but this is different from that.

I have had a multi Thread ticket open With Presonus tech team, and they have tried to help, but have not been able to reproduce this issue.

My Faderport windows crash when certain VSTs, VSTi, rendering, and going to the loop tab in the browser cause Studio one to hang then the Faderport Windows crash and the process continues.

On mine pressing 'sends' then the track button resets the Windows, other have reported that changing the bank resets it.

things that have been tried, resetting firmware, factory resetting, changing the USB cord, changing the USB card in the computer, trying a different computer, fresh install of Studio one, removing the loops and VSTs libraries, Presonus analysis of the midi data stream.

The only thing I have not tried is swapping out the Faderport for another one.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE
64 GB DDR4-3200
EVGA GTX 3060
Presonus Studio 192
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
StudioOne 6
by Myvryn on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:52 pm
I have this exact same issue. It's certainly doesn't stop the creative process, but it is annoying as hell

--------------------------------
    CPU: i7 3.7 Ghz
    RAM: 12 GB
    I/O: Presonus 1818VSL
    Synths: NI Komplete Ultimate
    Others: Bunches of WAVES plugins
by harlanstephens on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:13 pm
Being a simi tech guy, that has repaired a few different Control surfaces, I find intermittent issues like this, and unrepeatable strange issues , I have found on the weak link to be the wire headers inside the box, granted, I have never worked on a fader port and never seen inside one.
I unplug and detoxit all wire headers work them on and off a few times , has solved many an issue. And is my first stop on a hardware related repair.
Not sure if this applies here.
Just something to consider.

Mac Pro 5.1, Mojave.
S1 4.5 pro, pro tools 2019.
Logic.
Ça c’est bon
by haukurpalma on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:16 am
I've had this same situation from day one with my Faderport 8. I usually turn it off and on again, and everything goes back to normal. Although not a dealbreaker this is rather annoying.
by miguelreina1 on Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:58 pm
I have the same problem, I load a plugin... like Insight from Izotope and faderport 8 crashes, as if it was disconnected from Studio one... any possible solution?

thanks

5 posts
Page 1 of 1