FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I want the faderport 8 to autoswitch bank when I click in the daw on a track.
So lets says I'm on track 1 in the daw and on the faderport 8, the first strip show me track 1.
Everything is fine so far.
If in the daw, I select the track 20, then the faderport 8 does NOT update the faders, it stays on track 1. I know I can push the big blue button on the faderport 8 to update the faders, but to me, it's not logical. Is there a better way to update automatically?

tks
Seby
by Jemusic on Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:44 pm
I have moved your post to here as this is the better area for Faderport type discussions. There are more Faderport people here in general as well.

It all depends on how you look at it. I think it is actually good the Faderport does not update immediately. I may still want to do some fine adjustments on tracks 1-8 even though in the DAW I have selected track 20. Usually it is only a temporary DAW select anyway.

It is really no effort to push the encoder knob to update Faderport. In fact by doing this it makes you think consciously that is what I want to do.

Don't forget too that you can select the Channel button and whip down to track 20 via the encoder knob. This is faster than scrolling over in your DAW and then selecting. And while you have the encoder knob in your hand you just push it and Faderport updates.

Future firmware updates may change this but for now it is the way it is.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by sebastienrivest on Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:27 am
Hi, I understand your point, but in my case, the mixer is a litttle far away from me in my setup and don't like to have to push it everytime, Maybe there should be an option like follow the daw selection on or off then.

tks
Seby
by Lokeyfly on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:17 am
No need to echo Jemusic as that is also the way I work with Faderport 8. More to the point, I would echo your point that there should be some very quick and easy way the Faderport 8/16 would slave to on screen track or channel selection. Both are valuable commodities.

Happy tactiling!

Oh yeah, there is one work around to speak of. If you have a single Faderport in addition to the Faderport 8/16, it will faithfully respond anywhere you select on screen since it's not bank dependent. Having both FP's fits a nice need this way. Perhaps find an old original faderport if funds are tight. Hope that helps.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by reginaldec on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:25 am
Jemusic,

I appreciate your POV for the way you work, however, that may not be how the rest of us work. I would like my FP8 to reflect the track I click on in S1 without my interaction. To me is is a wasted step in having to click on the knob and then adjust my fader, etc. to my needs.

There should be an option for this behavior.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1