FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
? Question on Mackie Control mode on Faderport (8).
Vegas Pro supports the faderport as an external controller and says to put the faderport in "Mackie control Mode".
That said...when choosing the modes (other than studio one) you are only give the option of Logic, Cubase, or Sonar. Needless to say, neither of them work to be detected in Sony Vegas.. HUI I understand is for ProTools.
Is there just a "plain" Mackie Control mode...or am I missing something...or it just doesn't work? In my device list in Vegas, it DOES list the faderport as an option. Just can't get it to be recognized.
Anyone else have any success with a video program? There's a YouTube video showing with Adobe Premier...but it's old enough, it doesn't show the CURRENT list on the Faderport when you fire it up (holding the two buttons, etc).
Help ??

12th gen Intel i9-12900k, 3.20-5.2 GHz, 32 gig DDR5 RAM at 4400 MHz, M.2 2tb SSD (2), NVIDIA rtx 3060ti 8 gig, external SSD, etc. Win11.
PreSonus : Studio One V5.x; Faderport 8, Atom, Steinberg UR44

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtG56H ... PKPbaG1_CQ
by tomsylvester on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:41 am
If you can figure it out, I'm in the same situation. I got Vegas Pro to work the audio tracks with my old M-Audio ProjectMix I/O Firewire. But I'm dead in the water with the Faderport 8. It'd be great if a Generic map could be constructed and opened....good luck.
by Bbd on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:52 am
chrisharwood wrote? Question on Mackie Control mode on Faderport (8).
Vegas Pro supports the faderport as an external controller and says to put the faderport in "Mackie control Mode".
That said...when choosing the modes (other than studio one) you are only give the option of Logic, Cubase, or Sonar. Needless to say, neither of them work to be detected in Sony Vegas.. HUI I understand is for ProTools.
Is there just a "plain" Mackie Control mode...or am I missing something...or it just doesn't work? In my device list in Vegas, it DOES list the faderport as an option. Just can't get it to be recognized.
Anyone else have any success with a video program? There's a YouTube video showing with Adobe Premier...but it's old enough, it doesn't show the CURRENT list on the Faderport when you fire it up (holding the two buttons, etc).
Help ??

Did you try opening a Support ticket for this issue? They could let you know what is possible.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by peterbenson1 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:34 pm
Bbd wrote
chrisharwood wrote? Question on Mackie Control mode on Faderport (8).
Help ??

Did you try opening a Support ticket for this issue? They could let you know what is possible.
Chris, and others here, please keep us posted on your progress with Faderport controllers' use with Magix Vegas Pro and also Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve editors!
-Peter

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PreSonus Studio One 3.2 Professional | 3.2GHz iMac i5 quad, 24GB, 1GB nVidia GT 755M | MOTU 8M (Thunderbolt) | MOTU micro lite (MIDI) | AKAI Advance 61 | MACKIE Control Universal | ARTURIA Spark Creative Drum Machine | ROLAND TB-3 | ROLAND MV-8800 :roll: | KRK Rokit 8 Gen 3 | JBL Monitor 4206 on PIONEER VSX-1124 with VELODYNE SPL 10" sub |
by klypeman on Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:20 am
I just downloaded an update of the firmware and love and behold there was an MCU mode when changing mode. My Vegas stops in the middle because it don't like Halion Sonic for some reason so have not been able to test it but if MCU was a must maybe you guys have a solution now.
Hope you do !

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by chrisharwood on Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:21 pm
yes...there is a MCU mode....you push that button...then you have to choose between, Logic, Cubase, Sonar or Ableton.... neither of these work

12th gen Intel i9-12900k, 3.20-5.2 GHz, 32 gig DDR5 RAM at 4400 MHz, M.2 2tb SSD (2), NVIDIA rtx 3060ti 8 gig, external SSD, etc. Win11.
PreSonus : Studio One V5.x; Faderport 8, Atom, Steinberg UR44

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtG56H ... PKPbaG1_CQ
by peterbenson1 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:33 am
chrisharwood wroteyes...there is a MCU mode....you push that button...then you have to choose between, Logic, Cubase, Sonar or Ableton.... neither of these work
Like DaVinci Resolve -- there's no "MIDI LEARN" functionality within Vegas Pro, huh!?
-Pete

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PreSonus Studio One 3.2 Professional | 3.2GHz iMac i5 quad, 24GB, 1GB nVidia GT 755M | MOTU 8M (Thunderbolt) | MOTU micro lite (MIDI) | AKAI Advance 61 | MACKIE Control Universal | ARTURIA Spark Creative Drum Machine | ROLAND TB-3 | ROLAND MV-8800 :roll: | KRK Rokit 8 Gen 3 | JBL Monitor 4206 on PIONEER VSX-1124 with VELODYNE SPL 10" sub |
by klypeman on Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:49 am
Yeah, I saw that now, hoped that it had a general MCU mode, alas this time not.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by Grazie on Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:19 am
I'm using FP8 inside of VP19. Anything I can do to assist?

9 posts
Page 1 of 1