FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is it possible to use the Faderport 8 to access/edit plugins on the Master Bus in the Post section? If you open a plugin with your mouse, it pops up on the Faderport to control, but you can't get there like you do with editing plugins everywhere else.

Am I missing something obvious?
by Bbd on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:14 pm
Insert a plugin on the Master Bus.
Press the All button.
Scroll to the right until you see the Main channel.
Select it.
Press "Edit Plugins".
The plugin will show.
Select it.

Edit: These steps were only for Pre Master, not Post Master. See below.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by keithblair1 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:34 pm
As you scroll to the right, it will not scroll to the Main bus. It stops at whatever the last entry is (audio/instrument, VCA, normal Busses).

Feel free to test this. Start a new song. Put the PreSonus Limiter in the POST section of the Main bus. Try to get to the Limiter plugin with the Faderport 8 (without using your mouse). You can't. Heck, add two new tracks so you have something to 'scroll through'. You'll see it scrolls through the track(s) but will not scroll to the master bus. Add a bus or two. Same thing.

Try pressing the Bus button, you'll see the Master bus doesn't even show up there.

If you press SHIFT then Bus (to select the Outputs) you will see the Main bus shows up there and you can select it. But if you press Edit Plugins it will only show plugins in the Inserts (pre-fader) section. It does not show any plugins in the Post section.
by Bbd on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:12 am
Yes you are correct. I only tested for Pre Master.
When the plug is Post Master, you cannot get to the Master channel unless you first have the plug in the Pre Master and then move it to Post.
But after you move it to Post, it no longer displays or is accessible by the FP.

This issue has already been reported.

Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

4 posts
Page 1 of 1