FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all,

I just updated to the 2.02 release and have noticed when a project loads the faders...well they get to where they are supposed to be posthaste, I mean like if I put something on the fader and aimed it I could bean my partner and knock him out.

I've had this thing since launch and modified the xml file that determines the tracking of the faders per some thread I saw in here. I'm just wondering if this is the behavior that people are seeing in the 2.02 release. Otherwise I'll reset the xml file to defaults. I'm sure the faders aren't tip top quality given the price of the unit and I don't want to burn them out.
by Bbd on Wed May 23, 2018 9:15 pm
In 2.02 the responsiveness of the faders was improved. After all, you want the faders to move as fast as they need to based on your music.
I wouldn't worry too much about wearing them out. I would be more concerned if they reacted too slow!
:)

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by dustradio on Wed May 23, 2018 10:11 pm
Fair enough and agreed. Not complaining here! at any rate, they just seemed extra snappy even compared to the high end Avid ones I've used. :) and was wondering if that was because of the update or me monkeying around with the xml
by Bbd on Wed May 23, 2018 10:56 pm
Actually, after installing 2.02, I did see a lot faster response myself! I think it is a good update.
Enjoy your FP8. It's a great piece of hardware.
:thumbup:

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by wonder6oy on Fri May 25, 2018 12:57 am
Any word on plugin banks?

system specs: Studio One 5.1.0, Windows 10 64bit, Intel I7 8700K
by thorstenmustermann on Fri May 25, 2018 5:29 pm
In fact that there is in generally not a independent firmware update for FP8/16 PreSonus should every time announcing a new firmware update for the FP controller in release notes for the Universal Control software as did before in older firmware updates for FP8/16 including at a new Universal Control software.

So in this case just a simple question to PreSonus team: What does this actual 2.0.2 firmware update for FP8/16 doing in detail? Please publish a complete release note for this firmware 2.0.2 update on PreSonus website.

Thank you very much.
by soupiraille on Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 pm
The v2.02 question was answered here:
answered May 22 by AlexTinsley We did a small update to Fader code to address complaints about fine tuned fader movements in earlier version releases which some people were seeing. We would strongly suggest going over your songs that you've already mixed in your DAW of choice (in your case Cubase) and see if it's better, which we hope it is.

It should've been in the release notes I agree.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1