FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Yesterday I upgraded the firmware to the latest version for my Faderport 8. After ugrading, I was surprised to see that there is no longer a generic MCU in setup mode. There are MCU selections for Logic, Cubase & Sonar, but no generic MCU as was in the previous firmware version (please see attached image).

So, my question is which MCU do I use for Ableton Live? Since I wasn't sure I just reset the Faderport back to factory settings just where I could finish my mixdown. Was this an oversight by Presonus, or intentional for whatever reason? And if we are supposed to use one the 3 MCUs made available, it would sure be nice to know which one as the user manual wasn't upgraded to reflect the change.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
by Bbd on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 pm
Working on getting an answer for you...

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by tomgoodson1 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:59 am
Thank you. I also filed a tech support ticket last Friday I’m waiting for a reply from them also.. I am anxiously waiting to upgrade my firmware. Actually I was fully prepared to upgrade to a Faderport 16, but will wait until this issue with Ableton Live is resolved.
by michaelrolli on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:34 am
Same for me. Just updated the firmware and left alone with the very same choice. Which MCU mode should I use with Ableton Live 10 or is a dedicated mapping simply missing or did the engineers lose it half way down?
by tomgoodson1 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 am
I’ve been awaiting an answer for over a week now. I’m poised to upgrade to the Faderport 16, but I’m not doing anything until the I see that the firmware is fixed. I wonder how many other Ableton users are feeling disenfranchised right about now? I reset my Faderport 8 back to factory settings so I could at least use it.
by jackmatthias on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:09 am
Did we ever get the answer for this?

Cheers
by tomgoodson1 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:51 am
No. My ticket is still open and just laying there like a dead fish. Someone replied to my ticket saying they were looking into it. Nothing else after that. Very disappointed in Presonus at this point. Somehow I was expecting more.
by jackmatthias on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:30 am
Any news mate?
by tomgoodson1 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:42 am
No, sorry. My ticket is still open and Presonus will not even repond to questions regarding the status. My Faderport 8 is now up for sale and I’m looking for an alternative to the 16. As an Ableton user, I’m bailing on Presonus.
by jackmatthias on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:29 am
No problem man, thats a big shame though!

I use Studio One in tandem with Ableton so still have lots of use for my faderport, though getting it up and running properly with Ableton again would be ideal!

Best of luck
by tomgoodson1 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:08 pm
Hello all! I finally received a resolution to this problem from Presonus today. In response to my ticket, they advised me to select the MCU for Logic from the setup screen. I won’t go into the reasoning behind this as you can read all about it in the updated owner manuals for both the Faderport 8 & 16, refer to section 9.1.

I updated my firmware today and did as instructed regarding the Logic MCU and everything I was using on the Faderport 8 still works in Ableton Live; however, I did not have time to sit and verify that every function is mapped correctly for Ableton.

I think it’s safe to upgrade your firmware, whether everything works correctly is unknown.
by jackmatthias on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:20 am
Legend, thanks Tom mate
by yvescoudron on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:09 am
According to the manual there should be an MCU (Ableton) option when I start up the Faderport 8, but mine only has MCU options for Logic, Studio One etc. , not Ableton, which is my main DAW. I've downloaded the latest version of Universal Control. ( I've bought my faderport 8 in 2018..)
Kind regards,
by simonlee11 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:47 am
I have the latest update that was released today. There is no selection for Ableton Live MCU as stated in the manual. I've tried all the MCU's available and non of them are functioning as expected. For example, the shift + undo is not working. All of the buttons such as Audio, VI, Bus, VCA seem to just play notes on the keyboard. Really many of the shift options are not functional. Please let me know how to address this issue. Presonus team, are you guys already aware of this and working on a solution? Excited to use the Faderport 8 in production but without full functionality, I feel it can only cause issues during sessions and waiting for a solution before I can commit to integrating this into my workflow. Thank you.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1