I hope this post is in the right place.
I've just tried to update the firmware (via UC) on my FP8. All seemed well. When I was instructed, I cycled the power switch. The first three screens on the FP8 now say 'Waiting for host'. S1 can't connect...
I hope someone can tell me what I've messed up!
There have been issues with updates.
Start with the 2 links below. There is also a plethora of posts in Google and these forums about it.
It may also be a compatibility issue with your version (not specified in your post) of mac O/S?
Via PreSonus Forum:
Please add your Signature/Info to your Profile here.
-ASUS i7 Laptop; 16GB; 2 Samsung SSD's; NVIDIA 670MX; Win 10 Home v20H2.
-S1 Pro 4.6.2; EZD2 2.1.8. A/I: USB Behringer UMC404HD.
-Synths: Camel Audio Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite, UVI Digital Synsations & SONiVOX Twist.
-Melodyne Studio 4.2.4. Ozone 5, Scuffham S-Gear 2.97.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars, two Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
-Fluid Audio 'FX8' Monitors; Dual 28" Displays. Rode NT1; SM58. Original Faderport.
-Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
I'm going to move this post to the Faderport area so it might benefit folks with the same possible issues.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
This appears to be the new normal behavior with Faderport V2.01 firmware. Once you start S1 it will connect and the message will go away. At least that's what it does for me.
It does, indeed, seem to be new behaviour and I also find that the message goes when S1starts. I did have to go into the external device settings and edit to reconnect to the faderport.
Thanks very much for your help.
Happened to me, too. For some reason, the update disconnected F8 as an external device. Open Studio One > preferences > external devices > Faderport 8. Set "send to" & "receive from" to Faderport 8.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests