FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have the Faderport 8 and have installed the Universal Control (PC, Windows 10).
However, it keeps giving me an error "limited or no connectivity to Faderport 8......".

I can see that the FaderPort 8 is visible in the UC, and it works well in Studio One. But it's quite annoying that this message keeps popping up all the time.

To be honest, I don't know what to do with Universal Control. There are no help pages, no "right click action"

Anyway, What is the latest version number for FaderPort 8 firmware ? My FaderPort 8 says that version is 1.01. (10899M) from Nov 24, 2016.

Best Regards,
Thomas
by Skip Jones on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:58 pm
Latest firmware is 1.10. In UC, it should tell you to update your firmware if you select Faderport 8.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by thomasbjrndahl on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:41 pm
ok. So I am behind.
I have 1.01 and not 1.10.

UC is not saying other than "limited or no connectivity to Faderport 8......"

fp8 ver.jpg
by matthewgorman on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:52 pm
Make sure that you have UC 2.2.44119 installed from the link below, and use that to update the firmware of the FP8. Universal control is the driver software for all Presonus products except for the legacy firewire devices and mixers.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by thomasbjrndahl on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:32 pm
matthewgorman wroteMake sure that you have UC 2.2.44119 installed from the link below, and use that to update the firmware of the FP8. Universal control is the driver software for all Presonus products except for the legacy firewire devices and mixers.

I had that version. But the problem is that it doesn't seem to connect in UC.
Today a new version of UC came out, and I hoped that would fix the problem, but no.
Version 2.3.0.44619 also reports "Limited or no connectivity to Faderport 8".

Please, isn't there another way to update firmware?
by matthewgorman on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:37 pm
How do you have it connected? Is it a desktop or laptop pc? Sometimes this message can pop up if the USB bus is underpowered, which a powered hub would fix.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by thomasbjrndahl on Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:25 pm
I'm using a laptop PC yes.
I have tried all the USB ports, including the one with a lightning symbol.
They all respond the same way.

By the way: My PC is an EliteBook 8760w i7-2630QM CPU (2.00 GHz 2.0 GHz), 16 GB ram
Windows 10 (64 bit)
by ronsmith1 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:36 pm
If you have security software running on your PC, you might want to try temporarily switching it off before you turn on the Faderport. This worked perfectly for me.

I have had the exact same issues that you have been experiencing and a couple of days ago I opened a support ticket to try and get things sorted. Was advised to update USB drivers, chipset etc but this did not help.

I got to thinking that if I have the same problem with the UC and FP8 on both my PC and Laptop (different specs) yet the FP8 works fine with my DAWs maybe the problem isn't hardware related.

On a whim I rebooted my PC, turned off my anti virus software (AVG - runs on Laptop and PC), switched on the FP and lo and behold - NO connectivity error messages, the firmware version of the FP appeared in the UC window and I was able to update to the latest firmware.

I have rebooted a few times and if the anti virus is on it stops UC from working properly with FP 8. Turn AVG off and all is well. Until I can figure out how to get AVG to allow the UC to work properly I have switched off the 'run at startup' option in the UC and will just use it when there is new firmware.

I hope this info is helpful.

Ron
by ronsmith1 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:06 am
Update

It seems that when AVG upgraded itself to a newer version it "quietly" changed my network firewall settings from Private to Public. Changing the settings back to Private fixed everything.

The wrong settings in AVG firewall were also preventing Notion and Studio One from communicating with each other properly and were preventing the Studio One RC app from accessing the main program.
by thomasbjrndahl on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:50 am
Hi,

The problem has dissapeared when an update of Universal Control came.
Thumbs up :-)

10 posts
Page 1 of 1