FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Good morning everyone,

I'm looking for a way to automatically follow the position on my screen when I'm using the "scroll" mode of FP8.

Currently, it only moves the "cursor" ("vertical bar") and depending on the zoom level, it disappears from my screen. This is sometimes not very convenient...

by mikemanthei on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:33 am
Sorry for the delay in replying but I wanted to test it first before getting an answer.

On my system it works just like you want it to.
I have the auto scroll function enabled in Studio One so that the screen will follow the play head whether you are playing the audio or scrolling with the faderport. By default the F key turns that on and off. The indicator for auto scroll is at the top of your screen next to the snap function . So maybe on your system it is off? That would be an easy fix

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Lokeyfly on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:50 am
Just like Mikemanthei said, the F key, or symbol at the top. Just adding that once you start to perform an edit, it will disengage, and no longer follow the timeline cursor, so you'll have to set it each time.

Makes sense, really as the screen will hold, and not jump away based in the song position, once you move a note, or event, etc.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by adrienmogenet on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:57 am
Awesome, will try this ASAP!
Thank you so much, this made my day.

by adrienmogenet on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:18 am
That's it!

Thanks mates, was so simple but I didn't know that :-)

5 posts
Page 1 of 1