FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hello guys, I've just purchased a FP8 and I'm having some really annoying MIDI communication lag issues.

What I mean is that as I move the faders on my FP8...the MIDI transmission in S1 3.5 starts lagging a lot so the faders movement in the software becomes "choppy". :cry:

Some facts:

- I'm using the latest firmware 1.10.
- I'm using an iMac 27" Late-2013 and My FP8 is directly connected to one of the 4 USB3 ports of the iMac.
- This happened to me in Mac OSX El Capitan, and also.... I've just tried with a FRESH NEW installation of Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 and the problem persists. (Empty installation with only universal control and S1 3.5 installed)
- I tried in HUI mode with ProTools 12.7.1 and it's even worse plus a strange behaviour (e.g I touch a fader and it moves by itself to some random position ..bleep?!?!)
- I tried in MACKIE mode with Cubase 9 Pro (and it lags as bad as it does on S1 3.5)
- I also tried connecting it to a different USB port and no difference.
- I tried by disconnecting all of the other USB devices to see if it is a conflict problem and no difference.
- I tried lowering the audio buffer size on S1 to 128 and no difference.( I didn't expect this to fix it though :roll: )
- I'm using the stock usb cable which comes with the FP8 but I also tried with a couple of "higher" quality usb cables which I use in a daily basis with my NI Maschine MK2 and no difference.
- I tried doing a factory reset and tried with the factory firmware and it was even worse. Then upgraded to 1.10 again and got where I started.
- My thought was that.... maybe there was problem with the faders internal "movement sensor" not working properly so I powered it on SETUP mode and then entered to the "TEST-->Test Faders Touch" section....started moving the faders and the numerical values on the displays are correctly updated as I move the faders with no lag at all, which made me feel a bit relieved.
- The problem sometimes happens backwards (I move a fader on S1 and the FP8 faders lags while trying to follow it (i.e choppy movement).

- Since I fell I ran out of options. I booted Windows 10 on my iMac. Installed Universal control and S1 3.5, and everything worked perfect! bleep?!?!...
I even tested it for ~4 hours and everything worked flawlessly no lag at all... on Windows10!.

So...what the heck??!? :thumbdown: I really like this unit. Am I the only one with this issue? Please help!. :cry:

1 post
Page 1 of 1