FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Sadly some of the faderport's functions which should work according to the manual, do not work in Cubase 9.

Some observations:

When using compatibilty mode, which is suggested in the manual, I cannot use Pan, the Sends button doesn't even work. I can use the Edit Plugins button and use the Sends button to scroll through the pages.

When using Cubase mode, everything works fine, except the Edit Plugins. I will get only one screen, and therefore am not able to scroll through the pages with any control. The parameters for the plugins are on page 2.

The last part might be an user error, but using the faderport on VI channels is pretty annoying since it sends midi data to it, causing it to make noises when you use a fader.
by jeude on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:25 pm
Also, is there any way to use this thing in Cubase and NOT having it play notes when using buttons & faders on VSTi channels? This makes the whole thing completely useless for me.
by roblof on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:19 am
jeude wroteAlso, is there any way to use this thing in Cubase and NOT having it play notes when using buttons & faders on VSTi channels? This makes the whole thing completely useless for me.

This is because you have all inputs as the selected input.

If you want to use 'all' for inputs you need to make sure that the faderport isn't selected in 'all midi inputs' in the device setup-->midi port setup in cubase.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by jeude on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:03 am
Thank you so much, that worked. I was so frustrated yesterday after trying to figure it out, now I can sleep normal again :)

4 posts
Page 1 of 1