FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Anyone using CUBASE having a freezing problem? Everything will be working fine then all of a sudden the unit & my screen freezes but the session will continue to play. If I turn off the FP8, my screen will return to normal with the session still playing back. I have to save the session & restart it to bring the FP8 back on line. I have sent a support ticket about the issue.

At first I had the unit plugged into one of the USB ports on the computer so I unplugged it and plugged it into the USB hub that my other controller - Akai Advance 49 - is in and it got much better. But still annoying when it happens. I did not have ANY problems at all until I got the FP8. I do like the unit as it does increase the workflow (I do hope/wish for a OS update from Presonus to address some of the functionality issues...one of these days... :( :(

Duane
by jackvaptor on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:45 pm
Hi There
I'm using Cubase 9 with faderport 8 on windows 10 desktop pc
No issues here, so far so good
The only issue i've got is constant midi activity and when i move my mouse over plugin like waves or softtube i hear the glitches and dropdowns from time to time
Try to change usb cable, also make sure that you have latest firmware
by duanetribune on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm
Jack,
I do have the latest firmware and currently using the sun cable that came with the unit.

O did submit a support ticket and they are looking into this.

Thanks for the suggestions, glad ur unit it working good. I'll post an update when I hear more from Support.

DT
by jeude on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:13 am
Same problem here, also freezes the screen in Studio One.

EDIT: I think there are some problems with having the FP8 and the Steinberg dongle both plugged in. After removing it, I haven't had 1 freeze while using SO3 anymore. Will report again if that happens, but so far it's been running smooth again.

That ofcourse doesn't solve the Cubase problem.
by jeude on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:39 am
Ok, just after my edit, started up Studio One and it froze again, untill I turned off the FP8. I'm using only VI's in that session.
by duanetribune on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:13 pm
Problem update;

Presonus support asked me to send them my computer's System Info file & also a Belarc profile which would give them info on my motherboard model, BIOS version, & other info. After supplying the info, they replied that " it looks like Cubase is reporting some errors in Windows." & that I may want to contact Steinberg about it...they didn't tell me what the errors were. I have yet to contact Steinberg but guess I will. This thing is constantly freezing up and is becoming a 'brick'. When it works it's good, when it doesn't it's bad. I've seen that some others are having the same problem with other DAW. Maybe I'll uninstall then reinstall to see what happens...#FRUSTRATING!! :evil:
by jgaryt on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:47 pm
Same issue as Duane posted. Latest firmware in FP8, and running latest Cubase 9.
by jgaryt on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:06 pm
Tested FP8 as follows:

Plugged into unpowered hub - crashes every few seconds, hangs cubase until FP8 is switched off, then all resumes as normal. Possible to recover FP8 by switching to Cubase Mode then back to Compatibility Mode. :evil:

Plugged into powered hub - Fewer crashes, but only slightly less irritating. Same reset results as previous. :evil:

Plugged directly into computer USB port - mixed a full session (24 tracks) for 3 hours. Used Audio, Pan, and Send modes. NO CRASHES! :+1

Note: I am using Faderport8 with latest firmware as of this date, Cubase 9.0.10 build 150 (64 bit), along with the Steinberg/Yamaha controllers AI, PD,QC, CH, and TP. I mention this, as I thought at first my other surface controllers were 'colliding' with the FP8, but that does not seem to be the case. The only thing missing from my workflow were motorized faders, so the combination is perfect for me. Tons of shortcut keys to switch between monitors and mix modes, and perform almost all of my other commands, and now flying faders.

Hope you guys get it working!

Gary
Cubase Academy
by duanetribune on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 pm
UPDATE; Yesterday I unplugged the FP8 and my Akai Advance 49 from the powered USB hub. Downloaded the latest update of Cubase Artist 9 & installed. I plugged the FP8 directly into USB on the back of my DAW, then plugged Akai back into hub. I have a Casio Privia PX5s that I use as a controller also for stuff I need for weighted action. It's plugged directly into USB on my DAW also.

So far everything is good. Worked all last night & today and no problems :) FP8 does seem to run better in Cubase mode. I get a more functionality this way. For instance, the pan function works in Cubase mode but does not in compatibility mode. So, I'm going to keep it there.

I do hope that Presonus gets more functionality for other DAW's in a future firmware/software update though...

9 posts
Page 1 of 1