FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've noticed several issues when using the Faderport 8 in MCU mode with Ableton.

Wanted to see if others have had a similar experience and if there's a fix:

1 - Channels panned center show the graph panned to the left in the scribble strip. It says "C" but the graph shows it pointing to the left. In Studio One native mode, center panned channels are correctly displayed. Not a big deal, but annoying.

2 - If you enable the second Ableton Live windows, the channel, zoom, scroll and basically the entire right encoder section don't work correctly. Zoom causes it to start playing/recording. The other buttons do weird things, the encoder doesn't work right either.

3 - Moving from Track to Edit Plugins, Sends, Pan and back causes the fader on channel one to wig out completely and not update its position. When clicking Sends, the channel one fader does not update its position, which makes it very difficult to adjust reverb on a return, since you can't nudge it, you are always trying to find the right position again.

I think the hardware is fine-- that is to say, I don't think it's malfunctioning. I think the MCU firmware implementation is not very usable with Ableton Live right now.

Anyone have any ideas?
by markpemberton on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:05 pm
I have exactly the same issues. Unimpressed with the integration which seems completely unintuitive and next to useless.
by vino24by7 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:54 pm
wow that's not good...Think I will wait until there is a fix for this but on the other hand it's rock solid for studio one 3 right?? :roll: i heard that Abelton was blocking other devices because they want you to buy their device to control it. PUSH 2 but I don't think the can stop everyone. can we manually program the faderport 8? :shock:
by roytynan on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:29 am
Hi

I have these issues similar to yours using FaderPort 16

I have a VST on a track. When I select Edit Plugin and then select that plugin using the Select Button NONE of the parameters of the VST are controlled via the Faders.
Sometimes the VST is controlled other times it's not. I follow the same procedure as my original comment to assign a VST. But it seems hit or miss if the VST gets assigned to the faders

When it's supposed to be in Edit Plugin mode, FaderPort if still sending Track fader move messages
Tried and tried to get Edit Plugin working. Just not happening. I've tried over 8 different plugins as well

In Edit Plugins mode, it I press Track it goes into Pan mode, I have to press Track again.
ARM All (shift) tracks to record does not work.
Can't Solo more than one channel
Can't Mute Clear all channels that are muted, only channel 1
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:16 am
vino24by7 wrotewow that's not good...Think I will wait until there is a fix for this but on the other hand it's rock solid for studio one 3 right?? :roll: i heard that Abelton was blocking other devices because they want you to buy their device to control it. PUSH 2 but I don't think the can stop everyone. can we manually program the faderport 8? :shock:

Yes it is rock solid with Studio One. I can't comment on Ableton Live, or how the Faderport 8/16 interact with it. It makes sense though in how the plugin control would not be as well defined with Live. MIDI CC control is not addressable within the FP itself. In S1, Plugin control is directly related with S1's Control Link. It's seamless that way, but probably isn't so with other DAW's except for the standard fader and pan control, with a few other items such as Transport and so forth.

Perhaps there's alternatives using the FP8/16 via Rewire, with other DAW's. That has been my experience using Studio One with Pro Tools, and Reason. Automation, can be handled beautifully within S1, of any parameter or instrument of Reason for example. That's combinator knobs, everything.

Just consider where comments about Faderports 8/16 relate to Studio One, and where they may not. Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by mcnitt on Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:53 pm
roytynan wroteCan't Solo more than one channel

Is there an answer for this? (This thread is the top Google and PreSonus result in 2022, hence asking here.)
by mcnitt on Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:28 pm
mcnitt wrote
roytynan wroteCan't Solo more than one channel

Is there an answer for this? (This thread is the top Google and PreSonus result in 2022, hence asking here.)

Found the solution so will answer my own question. Open Ableton Live preferences, go to the Record/Warp/Launch tab, turn off Exclusive on Arm and Solo. Tada.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1