FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Has anyone seen this issue and if so, do you know how to fix? I hope it's not too confusing.

Here is the scenario. I will use the Faderport 8 to adjust the volume of several tracks in my project. Automation is disabled currently, by the way. Then I will save the project.

Then I reopen the project. Faderport seems to attempt to adjust it's motarized faders to match the volumes saved on each track, but then all tracks move down in volume in my project (as if they need to adjust to where the Faderport faders are physically at).

Additional info: It appears that when the unit is powered on, the faders are supposed to completely zero out, fully down. Yet mine do not go fully down. They all stop at about -60.

Furthermore I ran the 'Mardi Gras' full test and according to the unit, everything checked out ok.
by dennisknight on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:30 am
To put it another way or more basic, it appears when I open a song, Faderport changes the volumes of all tracks it is currently set to control. It doesn't seem to be calibrated correctly or something even though internal tests show successful.
by Bbd on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:34 am
On Win 10 64
I am not seeing your issue on my unit or system.

On exit from S1, all the faders go down to just a hair from the very bottom.
When I open a song, they go back to where the S1 mixer is.

Are you certain you do not have any automation programmed in your song?
Have you tried testing on a brand new song? Just write in volume levels and re-test.

Since your faders are not going all the way to the bottom on exit and you have already performed an internal check, you should call support.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by dennisknight on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:57 am
Thank you for your reply.

Definitely no automation going on. None of the volumes of any tracks change when I open the song without the Faderport 8 connected.

I opened a ticket with Presonus support two days ago. So far I've heard nothing back. What is the expected response time from them? Anyone know?
by dennisknight on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:26 am
Please see example of the problem in this video. You will see the faders on screen in Studio One hop down just after opening the song in Studio One.

https://youtu.be/AHaRVbThoI8
by jpettit on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:15 pm
They match the fader settings in the song. (by design)

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by dennisknight on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:36 pm
'Tuning' the faders seems to fixed the problem. Thanks to Presonus support for their help.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1