FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Faderport 8 firmware v1.01in HUI mode

Protools ver 12.7 HD Native

Windows 10pro 64-bit

1- Play/Pause button doesn't function as noted in the manual. 2nd and subsequent presses results in jumping back to the 1st play position and playing. So no pause functio
n.
2- Fast forward and Rewind keys don't nudge forward or back by frame,beat, bar etc, as noted in manual. Protools just goes straight into FFWD or RWD.

3- The ESC button in SENDS doesn't seem to work. When I hit ESC and then chose PAN I'm still trapped in SENDS. The LCD display shows whatever the last selected send level is despite the PAN button being highlighted, plus the fader responds to the automation for the send level and not the PAN. The only way I can use PAN is to re-launch P-tools and then select PAN. As soon as I work with SENDS I cannot get back to PAN. TRACK mode and EDIT PLUGINS function as expected. Also only the fader can control the pan value and not the PAN/PARAMETER knob.

4-Using the fader to adjust sends and pan parameters causes the selected channel fader to also switch into write/update wiping out any automation values that may have existed. Using the PAN/PARAMETER knob instead only writes to the selected Aux send or pan level as intended without affecting the selected channel fader.

5- I find the faders sometimes don't reset to their correct value when switching between modes (TRACK,EDIT PLUGINS, SENDS, PAN), but if I scroll the channels with the blue knob one or two positions I find the faders reset to their correct values.
by -Luis- on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:59 pm
Hi Allan,

The only thing I can confirm from your list is #1 everything else works fine here, I'm using Pro Tools 12.5.0 don't know if that's important.

I suggest you log a support ticket.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1