FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
49 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
Just used my new faderport 8 for the first time. My first touch-sensative sliders on the home studio (used the huge pro tools HD systems at work). Is anybody else as dissappointed as I am?

I had a set of 2 Behringer BCF-2000 sliders before (about as cheap as you can get with no touch sensitivity). But at least they were accurate! This faderport 8 returns the sliders kinda near where I had them set during automation, but not exactly... actually not really all that close ( +- 5% of slider travel). It's not an issue of a bad slider... it's EVERY slider.

They move slow (so if you have a project set to "latch" and you did a square-wave volume envelope by hand... it gets a mind of its own because the sliders can't keep up, and it thinks you moved the slider yourself).

$500 for this? I wish I could return it at this point.

Before you say it... yes... firmware on 1.01. Yes, my computer is definitely up to spec (even have it on its own USB3 CARD... not port... a CARD just for the faderport 8... and NOT a cheap one). For reference, my last tune had over 60 tracks (all using Komplete Ultimate instruments and effects) without having to bounce a single thing down. This machine is better than most servers!

I was cross between a Mackie MCU and this thing... I fear I made the wrong decision now.

If a $150 set of sliders (BCF2000) can keep up... why can't this thing?

Ok... rant over. On the features....

What I like:
    Tracks have colors on them... very handy.
    Easy controls for transport, bank, and channel selection... ok... cool. Pan assignment to sliders (yes, I am apparently one of the few that LIKES this).
    NATIVE integration with S1-3.3. Didn't even have to add the controller.
    Pretty quiet automation (at least compared to the BCF).

What I don't dig:
    Slow faders, and not accurate.
    No digital display for time / timecode / bars.
    The scribble-strips have no contrast adjustment (on my synths, you can adjust it so you can sit comfortably and still see the displays... on this thing, if you're not directly over it... well, it's just a blue bar).
    Sliders so slow that you're forced into "touch" mode... latch is just not viable.

Honestly, this thing is a great transport controller... but kinda blows as a set of sliders (or should I say "faders"). And I can get a cool transport controller keyboard for only $100. UGH!

So is it just me? Or should this thing be priced more like $299 (at most)?

Computer: Intel I7 5690x @ 3.9 GHz (water cooled), Corsair Dominator 3.0 GHz RAM (32 GB), nVidia Titan X video card, 32TB RAID 0 SATA III (production), 64TB RAID 1 SATA III (backup). 2X Dell PowerEdge 610 servers (as additional FX processors for Komplete).

Audio Gear: Firestudio Project X 3 (1 on production, 1 on each server), Presonus E5 Monitors, Presonus Temblor T8 Subwoofer, Presonus Faderport 8, Studio One 3 (pro), Komplete Ultimate, Komplete Kontrol S49, Roland Fantom X6, Roland MC 909, FabFilter Total, Avid Eleven, Pro Tools 12, and a partridge in a pear tree...
by johnnygeib2 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:46 am
Well there are many things to try to correct you on here that you say don't work and it already sounds like you've made up your mind not to like it.

From all the problems you seem to have I would say you got a bad unit because most you sat doesn't work are fine on mine. You can adjust the speed of the faders too if you're interested in in learning that.

But I will spare you the corrective message and just offer to chat in person by phone to go through all your issues if you would be so enclined.

You can contact me at [email protected] and we can set something up.

by johnnygeib2 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:52 am
...and you know what, if you are that unhappy with the unit, I have so much confidence in its operation that I will offer to buy it from you for what you paid. I know a dozen people who have tried mine that are saving up for it.

Let me know.

by mdme_sadie on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:50 am
I'm interested in learning how to adjust the speed/polling time on the sliders. Personally I'd like to slightly smooth them out, they have a noticeable low resolution juddering motion, I'm guessing they're 7bit rather than 10bit right?
by thorstenmustermann on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:42 am
mdme_sadie wroteI'm interested in learning how to adjust the speed/polling time on the sliders. Personally I'd like to slightly smooth them out, they have a noticeable low resolution juddering motion, I'm guessing they're 7bit rather than 10bit right?

Well .....

Power off your FP8 - hold the two first "Select" buttons above while powering on the unit - press the 4th "Select" button under "SETUP" screen - press1th "Select" button under "Tune Faders" screen - select each button from 1-7 under "Set Speed" screen. The 8th button is for left back each menu.

After choosing a speed step in between from 1-7 FP8 will start a self test program which begins to move the motor faders in different positions/tempos. (Around 40 seconds)

You can also adjust the fader touch sensibility on "Adjust Fader Touch" screen. (As well from 1-7 steps) Furthermore you can in different ways "Test" your FP8. (Under "Test" screen) "Run Mardi Gras" should be a general test off all functions on FP8. (Stopping with "Select" 8th button)

By the way..... In this scenario you can see the possibility's of different display views with different sizes of letters on each screen rows. So I would assume that it is possible to make the FP8 scribble strips more accurate for reading in normal use.

With best regards
by tyaudronis on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:09 pm
themuzic wroteWell there are many things to try to correct you on here that you say don't work and it already sounds like you've made up your mind not to like it.

From all the problems you seem to have I would say you got a bad unit because most you sat doesn't work are fine on mine. You can adjust the speed of the faders too if you're interested in in learning that.

But I will spare you the corrective message and just offer to chat in person by phone to go through all your issues if you would be so enclined.

You can contact me at [email protected]" target="_blank and we can set something up.

I think you misunderstand me. I do have a bit of experience with control surfaces. They are set on max speed. But even at that speed, they aren't even close to the BCF-2000 (again, a $150 chunk of manure). On a square-wave automation, the BCF can launch a pencil across the room. This thing would barely have it roll up to the scribble strips.

Also, I'm not really saying that it's a total heaping pile. But rather, that it is waaay overpriced (should be like $299 max). I used the single faderport before. I don't remember it being this laggy.

You offer is generous. But I think I'm just going to give this thing to my daughter once I have an MCU in my hands. For now, I'll muddle through (still better than using a mouse) and get my project done. I'd lose waaaay more money in slower workflow while I wait for an MCU if I just sent this out.

You may wonder, "why so salty?" Well, it's simply because I've come to expect a lot more out of Presonus than this. I'd expect this quality from someone on Amazon at ~ $199 out of China... not from Presonus.

Just to clarify... here's what I'm talking about:

Example #1
https://youtu.be/0utWw7mEJJQ
(grouped tracks on a loop. Move one... others follow about .75 seconds behind. Then when it loops around, they still don't all move together because it didn't record their movements synced.)

Example #2
https://youtu.be/i03WME_yQDw
(all tracks synced with hand drawn - and snapped - slider movements. It starts inverting even on quarter-note triangles (something very common in EDM), and totally loses it on the quarter note pulses (even more common in EDM). This is why it's borderline unuseable. Sound is high, sliders are showing low on the triangles, good luck identifying what's the culprit, or doing a "touch" adjustment based on visual feedback).

Computer: Intel I7 5690x @ 3.9 GHz (water cooled), Corsair Dominator 3.0 GHz RAM (32 GB), nVidia Titan X video card, 32TB RAID 0 SATA III (production), 64TB RAID 1 SATA III (backup). 2X Dell PowerEdge 610 servers (as additional FX processors for Komplete).

Audio Gear: Firestudio Project X 3 (1 on production, 1 on each server), Presonus E5 Monitors, Presonus Temblor T8 Subwoofer, Presonus Faderport 8, Studio One 3 (pro), Komplete Ultimate, Komplete Kontrol S49, Roland Fantom X6, Roland MC 909, FabFilter Total, Avid Eleven, Pro Tools 12, and a partridge in a pear tree...
by mdme_sadie on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:59 am
thorstenmustermann wrote
mdme_sadie wroteI'm interested in learning how to adjust the speed/polling time on the sliders. Personally I'd like to slightly smooth them out, they have a noticeable low resolution juddering motion, I'm guessing they're 7bit rather than 10bit right?

Well .....

Power off your FP8 - hold the two first "Select" buttons above while powering on the unit - press the 4th "Select" button under "SETUP" screen - press1th "Select" button under "Tune Faders" screen - select each button from 1-7 under "Set Speed" screen. The 8th button is for left back each menu.

After choosing a speed step in between from 1-7 FP8 will start a self test program which begins to move the motor faders in different positions/tempos. (Around 40 seconds)

You can also adjust the fader touch sensibility on "Adjust Fader Touch" screen. (As well from 1-7 steps) Furthermore you can in different ways "Test" your FP8. (Under "Test" screen) "Run Mardi Gras" should be a general test off all functions on FP8. (Stopping with "Select" 8th button)

By the way..... In this scenario you can see the possibility's of different display views with different sizes of letters on each screen rows. So I would assume that it is possible to make the FP8 scribble strips more accurate for reading in normal use.

With best regards

Thanks for the detailed response. I will try this out as soon as my flu clears.
by jpettit on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:17 pm
tyaudronis wroteExample #1
(grouped tracks on a loop. Move one... others follow about .75 seconds behind. Then when it loops around, they still don't all move together because it didn't record their movements synced.)

Example #2
(all tracks synced with hand drawn - and snapped - slider movements. It starts inverting even on quarter-note triangles (something very common in EDM), and totally loses it on the quarter note pulses (even more common in EDM). This is why it's borderline unuseable. Sound is high, sliders are showing low on the triangles, good luck identifying what's the culprit, or doing a "touch" adjustment based on visual feedback).

Interesting Test. Thanks for the videos.
I get your point that the faders are not fast enough for you.
Here is where I am a bit confused. If one was to want a square wave automaton for EDM I would think they would to that via a mouse or painter function in the automation track instead of trying to write it via a physical fader movement?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by tyaudronis on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:33 pm
jpettit wrote

Example #2

Here is where I am a bit confused. If one was to want a square wave automaton for EDM I would think they would to that via a mouse or painter function in the automation track instead of trying to write it via a physical fader movement?

Most likely, yes... they would put in the sudden up and down (or down and up) with the mouse. But, say you do... (like in the case of a drop where you don't want an open high hat ringing though it - most common use of a square in EDM I suppose). But during the next phrase you want to adjust the audio levels for swells, or whatever... you go to touch the slider at the up position, but it's down. By merely touching it while it's down (but your audio level is actually up), you've just written "down" information. THAT's the biggest problem with a laggy surface. You touch it... it writes. If the sliders aren't going to be where they're supposed to be, you no longer have a tool. You have a toy that just looks cool.

And by the way... EDM is only something I do tangentially. I make my money from scoring for visuals (video games, video, and film)... and there... you'll often draw in cut outs or cut ins and then adjust in real time on a control surface. I imagine it's something done across all the genres (I was only using EDM as an extreme example with pulses and triangles). Sorry for the confusion there. I should have elaborated.

At any rate. As you can see by my signature... I love Presonus gear. But they seem to miss out on key things sometimes that leave me scratching my head (like no OMF/AAF import/export in Studio One... I know of SEVERAL studios that would switch from PT to S1 with that feature. They're missing out on the whole scoring market).

So, the only reason I come on here isn't to praise them and congratulate each other on purchases. I come on here because I genuinely want to see them succeed. And... you only learn through criticism and mistakes... not praise. IMHO the FP8 v1 has one glaring mistake... the faders.

by DominicB on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:34 pm
jpettit wrote

Example #2

Having watched your videos and reproducing I've done the same with the Mackie MCU and honestly, it performs about the same, even after calibrating and aligning faders. I'm not sure what fader motors are being used but they just can't keep up. It's impractical to apply the EDM digital methodologies to a digital device with analog mechanics.

However, I do understand about writing false data because the fader was in the wrong position though. Automation editing via the mouse may be the better way for close and fast automation edits.

I would post a video of what happens, but that would be in bad taste on our part. Just trust me, it happens the same with the MCU. We worked on getting the fader response of the FP8 to be the best it could be with the hardware that is available on the market. Too fast and you get skipping and jagged behavior, too slow and there is more lag.

I would be curious to see how the BCF performs under this test. My guess is that although the faders maybe set fast, they physically would not be able to keep up at the faster rates.

Cheers!
Dominic

Product Manager
Presonus Audio

Mac Pro 1,2 | 8 Core Xeon | 16GB Ram | OSX 10.9
MacBook Pro i7 16
HP Laptop i7 12GB Ram Win 8.1
Interfaces: Presonus,
Controllers: AKAI LPK25, Arturia Minilab, Maschine Mikro mkII, Nektar P49, Keystation Pro 88, Korg Microkey
by tyaudronis on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:34 pm
DominicB wrote
jpettit wrote

Example #2

Having watched your videos and reproducing I've done the same with the Mackie MCU and honestly, it performs about the same, even after calibrating and aligning faders. I'm not sure what fader motors are being used but they just can't keep up. It's impractical to apply the EDM digital methodologies to a digital device with analog mechanics.

However, I do understand about writing false data because the fader was in the wrong position though. Automation editing via the mouse may be the better way for close and fast automation edits.

I would post a video of what happens, but that would be in bad taste on our part. Just trust me, it happens the same with the MCU. We worked on getting the fader response of the FP8 to be the best it could be with the hardware that is available on the market. Too fast and you get skipping and jagged behavior, too slow and there is more lag.

I would be curious to see how the BCF performs under this test. My guess is that although the faders maybe set fast, they physically would not be able to keep up at the faster rates.

Cheers!
Dominic

You are correct on the faster rates. the 1/32 and 1/64 triangles will throw off even the big 6-figure control boards. But to not even handle 1/4 note triangles? (the wave gets completely inverted). I can't speak to the MCU (as I didn't buy it... I was just hoping it was better than this... maybe not).

I can tell you that the BCF can keep up to the 1/8th triangles. The big fail for me isn't even all that. It's the lag from moving synced tracks. I know the information is getting to the FP8 nearly instantaneously... so it can't be processing lag. It's got to be a lag in the faders themselves (and that's with me moving it physically, and even slowly). More than 1/2 second of lag there? Are you SURE the MCU would lag like that on that first test?

As for posting a video on the BCF. I'd be absolutely happy to QA, compare, review, and even do a head to head publicly. I'm sure if I called Mackie and Behringer, they'd send me some stuff to use. The question is... what would I have to gain by that? There's a reason I replaced the BCF. It's no longer in my possession. But if y'all are truly interested in testing it out, here's a link so you can get one for your QA lab: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... s=bcf+2000 (unfortunately, it DOES seem to have gone up in price since the FP8 came out... maybe they compared it and realized it's better as an HUI but has no touch sensitivity?) But I'm positive it's within your budget to check it out.

Sorry to be like that... I know how it sounds. But (although I love Presonus and have no issue posting my opinions and findings I attain easily) I have no interest in becoming a volunteer QA technician on my own dime (sacrificing time, reconfiguring my studio, and maybe even attaining gear) just to make a point.

I can tell you that the BCF can keep up with 1/8 note triangles (at 120 bpm). The FP8 can't even keep up with 1/4 notes. And I do understand Newton's laws and that things just can't move at light speed and not fly apart. However, the problems (as I see it) are quite simple:

* The time between receiving signal and actuating slider movement are unacceptably slow (see the first video).
* I don't believe you guys are using the same lot of sliders for each FP8 module (slight manufacturing differences can get different results). This is why in the second video (even on slow movements) the sliders don't move in a straight line (some sliders are slightly faster than others). Or if you are using the same lot... your OEM on the sliders needs a come to jesus meeting on standards and QA.

Look, forget EDM... forget square waves. LOOK AT THE FIRST VIDEO. The one where it's just repeating HUMAN movement. If a slider isn't going to be where it's supposed to be... what's the point in having a motorized interface? Just to say, "look, they're moving themselves!"?

They are smoother than the BCF, with out a doubt.

They are less jittery and noisy than the BCF, for sure.

But y'all are overlooking the WHOLE PURPOSE of a motorized mixer! It's so that when you touch the slider, it's WHERE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE WHEN YOU TOUCH IT!

Sorry for the caps. I just want to make sure that those words stand out... not trying to "yell" at you...

by johnnygeib2 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:06 pm
I can tell you by your video that your unit acts very differently then mine does. Mine does not have nearly the delay and hesitation yours does. I have notices cables longer the 4 feet have an effect on the FP9 and my Mackie unit. I use a 3 foot USB cable plugged directly into a port on the back of my Mac Mini so maybe test that at least to see if you find a difference.

by roblof on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:23 pm
I have just verified on my x-touch in mcu mode that it can handle a square wave with 1/8th's at 160bpm.

The faders won't update properly using a triangle wave with 1/8th's at 40bpm due to the very low refresh/send rate (6Hz?) of StudioOne. Even with 1/1 at 40bpm a triangle wave won't hit the fader ends most of the times.

The low refresh rate is also making grouped faders lag severely.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by tyaudronis on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:21 pm
themuzic wroteI can tell you by your video that your unit acts very differently then mine does. Mine does not have nearly the delay and hesitation yours does. I have notices cables longer the 4 feet have an effect on the FP9 and my Mackie unit. I use a 3 foot USB cable plugged directly into a port on the back of my Mac Mini so maybe test that at least to see if you find a difference.

Thank you, yes... you are right that can cause lag. But I am using the original cable plugged into a dedicated USB3 card (one of the fastest you can buy). I have tried the stock computer USB ports, tried it on a mac, tried no other USB devices (even went PS2 with mouse / kb). No joy.

On the studio one issue (above). Wait, seriously? a 6 hz refresh rate? Is that just for control devices? Because if that's the case, MIDI shouldn't work at all (unless they only do it for control devices which would just be... stupid). Can we get a Presonus tech to verify that figure?

by ForumAdmin on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:49 pm
I invite you to send us a support ticket or we can start one for you so we can better assist with a support tech assigned to your case. Send us a Belarc Profile and NFO file so we can see your system setup. This is not something we recommend doing in the forums. Forums are for community support.

We need to know exactly which USB 3 card you have and which Windows OS you're on, your signature doesn't say. There are different USB 3 chipsets, and each has it's own unique charachteristics for compatibility. Some work better than others especially if you're not on Windows 8.1 or 10. We have all of the available chipsets on PCIe cards here in the lab, we can reproduce your setup to see if the issue you're experiencing is related to the USB chipset performance.

We have a dedicate support team who can assist at a deeper level. Once we get to the bottom of it we can post the resolution here for the community to see what the resolution is, if there is one that meets your needs.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by tyaudronis on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:51 am
Yeah... I think I'll pass on installing something that stays memory resident (even after you uninstall it), and tells you every little piece of software I have, lists all my internet cookies, browsing history, etc (companies use it to spy on employees). But thanks.

I have 3 USB 3 cards (with both available chipsets), and a USB 3.1. I use W10 Pro (latest update... as if I had a choice). Oh, and my MoBo chipset is X99a (beyond that... I don't know what you'd need to know). And I've tried this thing in every port. Same results.

I don't think it's a problem with the unit. I think it's a problem with the design of the unit.

by johnnygeib2 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:15 am
I advise you to think twice about it and accept his assistance. My unit doesn't act that way and the design of the FP-8 is just fine. Is it perfect? No. nothing ever is. There's more at work here then you might understand. But its your choice. But I assure blaming the design is just plain silly.

tyaudronis wroteYeah... I think I'll pass on installing something that stays memory resident (even after you uninstall it), and tells you every little piece of software I have, lists all my internet cookies, browsing history, etc (companies use it to spy on employees). But thanks.

I have 3 USB 3 cards (with both available chipsets), and a USB 3.1. I use W10 Pro (latest update... as if I had a choice). Oh, and my MoBo chipset is X99a (beyond that... I don't know what you'd need to know). And I've tried this thing in every port. Same results.

I don't think it's a problem with the unit. I think it's a problem with the design of the unit.

by roblof on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:57 am
tyaudronis wroteOn the studio one issue (above). Wait, seriously? a 6 hz refresh rate? Is that just for control devices? Because if that's the case, MIDI shouldn't work at all (unless they only do it for control devices which would just be... stupid). Can we get a Presonus tech to verify that figure?

I think that it is only fader control data that has a slower refresh rate and perhaps also thinned out because of the amount of pitchbend data being transmitted.

In this video someone posted a year ago you can clearly hear/see the fader update rate:

https://youtu.be/DtFwmEwhUHo

It comes from this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=213&t=18078

In reaper you can actually set the refresh rate you'd like and I've not seen any other daw with that feature.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by tyaudronis on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:08 am
I do appreciate your offer. But dude... this isn't my first rodeo with a new control surface. I can tell the difference between a bad unit and a bad product. Confrontational? I'm sorry, but I posted my honest impression of the product. And Presonus's response? Install malware on my computer, and take the conversation offline? That sounds more like a response from marketing telling me to shut the hell up, than a response from support actually trying to help.

As far as my hardware. I usually don't like giving any bit of my resume; but due to the astounding level of your condescension, here it goes: Google my name if you like. Building studios for network television (including sound design) and film production is 1/3 of what I do. Writing reviews for equipment and books on how to use them (along with lecturing at trade shows) is another 1/3, and using it is the final 1/3. So yeah... I'm pretty sure it ain't the computer I'm using (especially since the computer is a clone of one I built that drives a full cinematic Pro Tools HD scoring system with a 128-track control surface and driving a Meyers 13.1 sound system for mixing cinema). Trouble-shooting hardware is a big part of studio design, and learning when to identify a bad design is part of that.

If you are happy with yours? GREAT! Have fun! But $500 for this thing is a rip off. These faders are useless, and defeat the whole point of a moto-mixer.

My response was silly? I gave them any relevant information they needed without giving up my private information. Anything else would be ludicrous. It would be one thing for a dedicated PT-HD system support to need to look at anything installed. This is my HOME system with a sh**y little USB control surface. If it can't work with my system... guess what... y'all are seriously up the creek.

Presonus tech: if you're watching this... you're welcome to view my specifications on TeamViewer while I'm on the phone supervising you. But just handing the keys to the kingdom is a condition of support? F-that.

I did offer to do a head to head. But the implication is that I'm not willing to pay for it. I'm not in the habit of giving my phone number on forums. But again... google my name, and I'm sure you can find my contact information somewhere.

I am sorry to the rest of you. I usually don't lose my cool on forums. But when this dude (themusic) starts talking down to me... I have to put him in his place.

Edit: I notice he edited his post to remove his rude comments... lol.
Last edited by tyaudronis on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by tyaudronis on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:10 am
roblof wrote
tyaudronis wroteOn the studio one issue (above). Wait, seriously? a 6 hz refresh rate? Is that just for control devices? Because if that's the case, MIDI shouldn't work at all (unless they only do it for control devices which would just be... stupid). Can we get a Presonus tech to verify that figure?

I think that it is only fader control data that has a slower refresh rate and perhaps also thinned out because of the amount of pitchbend data being transmitted.

In this video someone posted a year ago you can clearly hear/see the fader update rate:

https://youtu.be/DtFwmEwhUHo

It comes from this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=213&t=18078

In reaper you can actually set the refresh rate you'd like and I've not seen any other daw with that feature.

Thanks, I'll check your links out. I can understand a bit slower... but 6hz? Wait... that doesn't explain why Behringer works better on S1 than the FP8 though.

49 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3