FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I ordered my Faderport 8 back in october when it was supposed to be available. After my ship date getting pushed out 3 times I finally recieved it today. Aparently after everyone else has recieved therirs. I excitedly read through the setup and then read through it again. Then proceeded to install and download and download and install trying to get this thing to work and I am hopelessly stuck with what appears to be a $500.00 paperweight. The FP8 seems to be stuck with the Track and Channel buttons lit. everything all other buttons seem to work but they dont light up or the state dosent change from the Track and Channel buttons being li. so you have know way of knowing what mode or whatever you are in. Also the scribble strips are not working.

Very Dissapointed
by Steve Carter on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:42 am
It could be broken :shock:
China could rule the world if they just learnt to implement 'quality control'. Oh, just a minute.. News flash ~ they do rule the world...!! No need for quality control then.... (Insert tongue in cheek emoji here - when am I going to get a tongue in cheek emoji?)
Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by mattcaprio on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:48 pm
Hey Brad, that is very unusual.
I recommend trying to flash the firmware.

Open up Universal Control, click the FaderPort 8 picture, click on the "Settings" drop down menu, click the Firmware option.

You'll probably have to click through a few "Are you sure?" type messages, but it's totally fine.

If that doesn't work out for you open up a support ticket and they'll get you helped out and make sure you've got a working FP8 one way or another.
by johnnygeib2 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:59 pm
Let me know if you need one on one assistance with this. I have helped dozens of folks get theirs going. [email protected]

by Brad Strickland on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:37 pm
Just to bring people up to date.

Back in December 2016 Support had me return my PaperWeight 8 to the retailer where I purchased it.

Finally, here we are In February 2017 a full 3 months almost 4 since my original order and I have received my replacement. Guess what. IT DOESN'T WORK EITHER!!

I have connected it to my laptop and attempted to update the firmware. Well see what happens now.

The saga continues.

Updates to follow.
by johnnygeib2 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:32 am
Brad Strickland wroteJust to bring people up to date.

Back in December 2016 Support had me return my PaperWeight 8 to the retailer where I purchased it.

Finally, here we are In February 2017 a full 3 months almost 4 since my original order and I have received my replacement. Guess what. IT DOESN'T WORK EITHER!!

I have connected it to my laptop and attempted to update the firmware. Well see what happens now.

The saga continues.

Updates to follow.

Again, I offer my assistance. I have gotten over 20 of these things installed. Usually the solution is simple.

by Skip Jones on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:23 am
1.) Open another support ticket. When you get the ticket number please share it with me via PM and I will bring it directly to the TS folks attention.

2.) Take Johnny Geib up on his offer to assist. He is pretty much the expert on the FP8 and can help you. Unfortunately, I don't own one so I can't assist but would like to see you up and running.

Regards

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by Bbd on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:30 pm
I am running the FP8 on my Win 10 64 system and it works great.
No kidding. It is connected so well with S1 and I love it.

I think Johnny could help you as well if he's up for it.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by johnnygeib2 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:00 pm
Bbd wroteI am running the FP8 on my Win 10 64 system and it works great.
No kidding. It is connected so well with S1 and I love it.

I think Johnny could help you as well if he's up for it.

I believe in these units very much. I am always up helping out.

by Brad Strickland on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 pm
Thanks everyone!

I was about to take Johnny up on his offer when I gave another perusal through the forum and seen that by unplugging other midi devices that would sometimes fix the problem.

I have it working now! Finally!

It appears that it didn't like the fact that I had a usb midi keyboard controller connected.
Unplugged the controller it worked beautifully. To top it all off I was able to plug the midi controller back in and everything works. it was a great day.

Don't remember the install instructions saying that you had to unplug other midi devices but maybe I missed it. It would have also been nice if the first tech I contacted back in December would have suggested that. I could have probably had this thing working 3 months ago. This forum is much more helpfully than the official support channels

Oh well, It is working now and that is what matters.

Thanks to the Forum
by Skip Jones on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:15 pm
Don't got one, glad your's is working and Johnny is def the go to guy.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear

11 posts
Page 1 of 1