FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I get the error:

"The firmware update failed with error code 2011."

Anyone else get this?
by michaelblazer on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:48 am
I had the firmware update failing in a few different ways including error 2011. I was using an old Mac Pro with 5 USB ports, all occupied. Eventually I tried an old MacBook Pro with no other USB devices, and it worked perfectly.

So I went back to the Mac Pro and experimented with moving things around to different USB ports and eventually found an arrangement that works. I discovered that the USB 'busses' shown in System Info don't seem to correspond to the physical ports. There are more busses than ports, and devices that share a port via a hub don't necessarily show up on the same bus, and devices that don't sometimes do.

Ironically the trouble happened when the FP8 was sharing a USB bus (not a physical port) with my other Presonus product, an AR12 mixer. As long as I get them on different busses, all is well. Unfortunately I don't know how to do that on the Mac Pro other than trial and error.

Not sure if this is related to the problem you're having, but maybe it'll provide a clue. I suggest trying with no other USB devices connected, and of course eliminating other possible sources of USB trouble by trying different cables and ports. Good luck.
by tyaudronis on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:43 am
michaelblazer wroteNot sure if this is related to the problem you're having, but maybe it'll provide a clue. I suggest trying with no other USB devices connected, and of course eliminating other possible sources of USB trouble by trying different cables and ports. Good luck.

He's right. I was having issues on a PC (Win 10). Even though the FP8 was on it's own USB3 card (not port... individual card), I had to unplug my Komplete Kontrol, Oculus, Hubs, Printers, and then hard drives before I found that it was my iLok (on a completely separate bus) causing the issue.

Computer: Intel I7 5690x @ 3.9 GHz (water cooled), Corsair Dominator 3.0 GHz RAM (32 GB), nVidia Titan X video card, 32TB RAID 0 SATA III (production), 64TB RAID 1 SATA III (backup). 2X Dell PowerEdge 610 servers (as additional FX processors for Komplete).

Audio Gear: Firestudio Project X 3 (1 on production, 1 on each server), Presonus E5 Monitors, Presonus Temblor T8 Subwoofer, Presonus Faderport 8, Studio One 3 (pro), Komplete Ultimate, Komplete Kontrol S49, Roland Fantom X6, Roland MC 909, FabFilter Total, Avid Eleven, Pro Tools 12, and a partridge in a pear tree...
by zzskhg on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:44 am
Win10 user here - I was also not able to get the firmware update to apply until I disconnected all USB devices. My FP8 is on a usb2.0 bus, but the update kept failing until I disconnected everything from my usb3.0 bus. Weird.

Thanks for the advice, I'm glad I found this post early in my troubleshooting!

Windows 10 home, i7 quad core, 16 gig ram, studio 192, faderport 8, jbl lsr305 monitors. S1v3.2 pro.
by JackLPier on Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:24 pm
What OS version were you running on the MacBook Pro? I just picked up a 2012 that I'm having to upgrade to Mohave 10.14... not sure it will work... we'll see... The UC software wouldn't run on Yosemite 10.10.5... what a hassle! You can buy these new for $500 but you can't flash the firmware with a USB3 port? Unbelievable!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1