FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there, congrats on the Faderport 8, really nice piece of hardware! Just an idea to really go for most of the Home Studios go 24! My suggestion is to put a mastertrack a pan (multifunction) knob on each track and a nice vertical meter bridge. You have already everything in your hands!

It would be a dream come true for many of us!

:D

Attachments
faderport_24.jpg
Last edited by frankkaiser on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Skip Jones on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:49 pm
My opinion is cost would exceed demand. But really cool picture!

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by frankkaiser on Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:06 pm
Skip Jones wroteMy opinion is cost would exceed demand. But really cool picture!

I'm not an expert in price, but if the Faderport actually stays under U$ 500 I could imagine the 24 version around U$ 1000 maybe? Even if it reaches U$ 1500 I'm still convincing that it would fit many home studioers! Well I would buy it eyes closed... I had a Tascam US2400 once, which was really great at the time. But for now I'll stick with the 8!

:D
by johnnewman4 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:17 pm
this would be great
by theobenson on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:57 pm
I would buy this FaderPort 24 at $1500 without thinking twice and many others I've spoken to would as well.
Great idea and beautifully rendered.
Over to you PreSonus
by tpulse on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:08 pm
Just wow. That would be really nice. I own fp8 but 24channel would be the one. Just add a digital led screen for channels so we can see number/name etc. 😊

Studio One 5 Pro :punk:
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit V.1909
Intel i7 4790k
32GB RAM
Softube Console 1
PreSonus Faderport 8
RME FF400 Interface (Firewire Asio)
Ollo S4 headphones
by chrisharwood on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:25 am
I vote for a bank of faders only, that can be daisy chained to any amount desired. Turn your faderport original into a 24 fader unit, etc... Then you can also put them were you want as well, if not in one straight line with the main faderport unit.

12th gen Intel i9-12900k, 3.20-5.2 GHz, 32 gig DDR5 RAM at 4400 MHz, M.2 2tb SSD (2), NVIDIA rtx 3060ti 8 gig, external SSD, etc. Win11.
PreSonus : Studio One V5.x; Faderport 8, Atom, Steinberg UR44

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtG56H ... PKPbaG1_CQ
by theobenson on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:48 am
I would go with frankkaiser's concept. Chaining individual Faderports together would create an untidy mess. Presonus pls give us a 24 channel FaderPort. It definitely would sell and knock out the competition
by klypeman on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:11 am
I got the CMC system as well and has two console units with space for four CMC units in each so it is possible to arrange the whole thing tidy if it ever goes in that direction.
Sadly they don't work with SO3 only Cubase.....

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by tobikarne on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 am
In my opinion it would be better to have a Faderport starter set, which contains a master module and a 4 channel strip module, which is pluggable to the master module.
This would make it possible to extend the Faderport with more channel strip modules to a 8,12,... or 32+ version.
Same principle like Blocks: https://roli.com/products/blocks/

This would easily make it possible to start with a small setup and extend it when ever you want it or can afford it.
by chrisharwood on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 pm
tobikarne wroteIn my opinion it would be better to have a Faderport starter set, which contains a master module and a 4 channel strip module, which is pluggable to the master module.
This would make it possible to extend the Faderport with more channel strip modules to a 8,12,... or 32+ version.
Same principle like Blocks: https://roli.com/products/blocks/

This would easily make it possible to start with a small setup and extend it when ever you want it or can afford it.

I agree and the 8 would function fine for the master....hence fader blocks in 8 or 16....like I mentioned above

12th gen Intel i9-12900k, 3.20-5.2 GHz, 32 gig DDR5 RAM at 4400 MHz, M.2 2tb SSD (2), NVIDIA rtx 3060ti 8 gig, external SSD, etc. Win11.
PreSonus : Studio One V5.x; Faderport 8, Atom, Steinberg UR44

YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtG56H ... PKPbaG1_CQ
by jpadgett on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:57 am
I still have my US2400 and it works with the faderport 8. Don't know why i tested it but I did.
by TheTwangmeister on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:19 am
Hi. I like the 24 idea very much. For more reasons than one.

I have been a Mackie Control user for nearly 15 years with two Extenders and a C4. Superb in SONAR. I have been very disappointed with the Mackie Control's implementation in Studio One, very feature lacking, and even worse Studio One does not support the C4. Having 32 rotary knobs to control my plugins in SONAR is awesome. It does not work at all in Studio One. So I ask myself what about switching to Faderport for better integration with Studio One. However the answer is a resounding NO from me. The lack of rotary knobs per channel makes it useless to me. Cannot understand this thinking at all. If the product rendered above was here my mind would change straight away. I was going to suggest Presonus make their version of the Mackie Control C4. i.e. a 24 or 32 rotary knob version to sit along side your Faderport 16. That would be compelling. But what you have rendered wins hands down. Until there are multiple rotary knobs for easy plugin control I have no interest in Faderports.

Presonus Sphere
Studio One 5 Pro

Windows 10 Pro 64, Intel Quad Core i7 6700k, 16GB Ram
Apollo Firewire, Focusrite OctoPre
UAD octo dsp (Apollo quad and PCIe quad)
Faderport 16 and 8.
Softube Console 1
Behringer BCR2000 (for plugin control)

13 posts
Page 1 of 1