FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
30 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
ugh how frustrating.

Kind of hard to see how this can be made any clearer....

This new feature breaks our workflow:
Press "Shift"
Touch fader
Fader returns to unity

Oh well, thanks for trying.

Sometimes I think some support people make unreasonable requests just so they don't have to deal with the issue.

You'll know you're an old rock-n-roller when the only spandex in your pants is in the elastic waistband. :D

Studio One Professional 4.6.1
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
Audient iD44, TASCAM US16x08, Presonus 1810
FaderPort 8, Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
UAD PCIe Solo v9.11
Hairball Copper, DIYRE CP5, Sound Skulptor CP5176, Suhr Reactive Load
Lots of self-built tube amps, Carvin, Fender, G&L, Ibanez, PRS, Takamine guitars
by frank.crow on Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:05 am
darrenporter1 wroteugh how frustrating.

Kind of hard to see how this can be made any clearer....

This new feature breaks our workflow:
Press "Shift"
Touch fader
Fader returns to unity

Oh well, thanks for trying.

Sometimes I think some support people make unreasonable requests just so they don't have to deal with the issue.

Haha
Essentially my point. I apologize if I sounded condescending toward the tech but that was basically how I felt. I thought my description was super clear and the video was a waste of time.

PS
I love the idea about going backwards in firmware.I never considered that. I think I’ll drop another support ticket.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V4
Presonus Quantum
Presonus Studio Channel
Art Pro Studio Channel II
Line 6. BassPOD XT Pro
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
Hardware DBX 231 EQ
Art Pro Pro VLA II
WA76 1176 (clone)
EQP-KT Pultec (clone)
Presonus. V2 Monitor Station
Presonus. FaderPort 8

"God's grace" :D
by frank.crow on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:04 am
Praise God

Yes per the tech it is possible to revert. I received instructions in a response to my support ticket. I’m going to try it tonight.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Presonus Studio Channel
Line 6. BassPOD XT Pro
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
Hardware DBX 231 EQ
Art Pro Pro VLA II
WA76 1176 (clone)
EQP-KT Pultec (clone)
Presonus. FaderPort 8

by frank.crow on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 am
It worked but left my faderport a little wonky. There was some issues with the factory reset even though it’s technically a super easy process. Everything essentially works the way I need it too. Some things work differently like the shift+all and my scribble strips show some odd extra bits of information. It’s definitely messing with my OCD but other than that I’m back in business.

Praise God 🙏

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Presonus Studio Channel
Line 6. BassPOD XT Pro
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
Hardware DBX 231 EQ
Art Pro Pro VLA II
WA76 1176 (clone)
EQP-KT Pultec (clone)
Presonus. FaderPort 8

by klypeman on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:51 am
It would be nice if you shared what the solution was…...

Windows 10 64bit Home, Studio One 3.5.6, Studio One 4.6.0, Cubase 10.5 Pro , Logic, Pro Tools, MacBook Pro, 24.4.2, 16.0.2, Project, Studiolive III 32, Midas 320, Yamaha MGP32X, Faderport 1+8, Mackie MCU, Softube Console 1, Yamaha SY 55, DSI Mopho, JU-06, ARP Odessey, Impulse 49, NI Maschine Mk.3, Atom, NI Komplete S61, Adam V7’s, KRK VXT 8´s, SE Electronics HP6, CME 61, Nocturn 25, UAD Plugins, TC Touch, UAD Apollo Twin USB/TB Duo, Satellite Quad, TB Octa, UA 6176, Warm Audio 76, JoeMeek MC2, DBX 266XS, TC C300, TC 2290, Yamaha REV 7. Toontrack. :mrgreen:
by frank.crow on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:57 am
I was thinking that but was afraid of being the reason someone messed up their system.

Basically per the tech I uninstalled the UC software and installed the version right before the update that caused my grief. Which is available in the downloads page.

I factory reset my faderport 8 (available on YouTube & User Manual) and that’s basically it. The UC asked me to update the firmware and I figure since the UC was reverted it might be ok but turns out that was a mistake so I factoy reset again.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Presonus Studio Channel
Line 6. BassPOD XT Pro
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
Hardware DBX 231 EQ
Art Pro Pro VLA II
WA76 1176 (clone)
EQP-KT Pultec (clone)
Presonus. FaderPort 8

by darrenporter1 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:35 pm
klypeman wroteIt would be nice if you shared what the solution was…...

Are you experiencing the same frustrations?

You'll know you're an old rock-n-roller when the only spandex in your pants is in the elastic waistband. :D

UAD PCIe Solo v9.11
Lots of self-built tube amps, Carvin, Fender, G&L, Ibanez, PRS, Takamine guitars
by klypeman on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:23 am
darrenporter1 wrote
klypeman wroteIt would be nice if you shared what the solution was…...

Are you experiencing the same frustrations?

No, but want to be prepared if I was dependent on the Faderport, as it is now I mostly use my SL32III to control my DAW but on travels (not much going on now) I take my FP8 and the Twin+Octa and a 25 key and I have a whole studio just need to buy a guitar in the country I'm in. (good excuse towards my girlfriend(honey, I needed to..))
She knows….

Did it last time on Tenerife in Spain :P but it was the best guitar I ever laid my fingers on (just small adjustments needed) and the guy was a certified guitar builder and a stoner rocker and we went to a studio together a couple of times with his band there, he's now my friend and I am worried about him.

Windows 10 64bit Home, Studio One 3.5.6, Studio One 4.6.0, Cubase 10.5 Pro , Logic, Pro Tools, MacBook Pro, 24.4.2, 16.0.2, Project, Studiolive III 32, Midas 320, Yamaha MGP32X, Faderport 1+8, Mackie MCU, Softube Console 1, Yamaha SY 55, DSI Mopho, JU-06, ARP Odessey, Impulse 49, NI Maschine Mk.3, Atom, NI Komplete S61, Adam V7’s, KRK VXT 8´s, SE Electronics HP6, CME 61, Nocturn 25, UAD Plugins, TC Touch, UAD Apollo Twin USB/TB Duo, Satellite Quad, TB Octa, UA 6176, Warm Audio 76, JoeMeek MC2, DBX 266XS, TC C300, TC 2290, Yamaha REV 7. Toontrack. :mrgreen:
by frank.crow on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:18 am
My previously reported fix tanked. I mentioned that my Faderport 8 was acting wonky after reverting backwards but was still functional. Well that changed. The “shift+all” trick stopped working altogether. I just updated both the UC & Faderport 8 to current versions and called it a day. I will use my work arounds until they hopefully fix this.

But I’m not too optimistic as I mentioned before as the “shift+fader reset” behavior is actually considered an added feature of the update. I figure as long as more people like it vs dislike it than it’s here to stay. I suspect those of us who used the “shift+all” trick are in the minority.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Presonus Studio Channel
Line 6. BassPOD XT Pro
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
Hardware DBX 231 EQ
Art Pro Pro VLA II
WA76 1176 (clone)
EQP-KT Pultec (clone)
Presonus. FaderPort 8

by darrenporter1 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:00 pm
Thanks for reporting back with your frustrations.

It makes absolutely zero sense to implement a new feature that unexpectedly breaks another one.... one step forward... two steps back.

When I was a software developer, we called those "new features" what they were... "bugs"... and we were expected to fix them.

Presonus needs to find a way to make them BOTH work without stepping on each other.

UAD PCIe Solo v9.11

30 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2