FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I just discovered that you can increase the window size when adding automation parameters by clicking on the border and dragging.. as usual.. and guess what? There is a CC# column :)

That makes it a lot easier to know what all that stuff means :)

Untitled 21.jpg
EDIT: As long as you use a separate instrument on each track and open/close them when changing tracks, the Faderport will control the automation parameters on the selected track.

But this is a bit of a pain as I don't want to use a separate Kontakt instance on each track..

I create a separate feature request for this here: https://answers.presonus.com/31536/cont ... instrument

If you need this, then please up-vote and maybe Presonus will notice & implement this at one point.

---
Just figured out this does not work on a per track basis. I.e. fader for expression on track A will not move expression on track B, if I move the selection of the track.

Solution anyone?
by Lokeyfly on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:21 am
They should probably pin Johnny Geibs cads on the Faderport right at the top of the FP8/16 section . They've been around since the release of the FP8.

Anyway, as long as the Control link can capture any instrument, or plugin parameter you click on, (the hand symbol will highlight from gray to white) you can control or automate that parameter, as well as be tied to any desired FP vertical fader. This includes buttons as well on the FP. His video covers more on this as to setting up so check that, rather than me writing a novel.
FP8 - using 3rd party plugins
phpBB [video]

So MIDI cc info as it enters into S1 can be allocated, as long as the Control link see's it. I just see if the MIDI cc is directed towards anything.

For external MIDI CC control, I use a MOTU 8 channel patchbay. That is seen by the control link, so that's my way of making the connection.

Anyway, Johnny's (theMuzic) video should shead some light.
Try contacting him for specifics.

PC Sony VAIO laptop, Intel i7, 64-bit, 8 gig ram, S1 Pro, v3.2
As you said, as long as you have a visible element you can follow Johnny's tutorial and it works fine. For a lot of virtual instruments used for orchestral music this is not always the case. Those expect inputs from CC1, 2, 7 and 11 not linked to a button, slider, or other thing that is clickable in the user interface.

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2