FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Just got a Faderport 8 and I am quite happy with it. It works well with Cubase. I do have a question about the scribble script on the leftmost track displays a quote symbol (") as in the photo below:

Other than that, the scribble strip displays track names correctly (name appears above the symbol) and the scroll correctly, but the symbol remains on the leftmost scribble strip display.

I am running version 2.02 of the firmware and Cubase 7 and 9.5 (I just upgraded). The symbol appears on the strip for both versions of Cubase.

This doesn't affect the performance off the Faderport 8, but it just looks a little strange.

Appreciate if any Presonus tech could help explain this or show me how to get rid of it.

Thanks!
Jinx
by Bbd on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:14 am
Can't see your picture. Can you attach it to your post?

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jinxchin on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:18 pm
Hi there..

Attached is the photo.

faderportdisplay.jpg

Thanks again!
by Bbd on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:10 pm
Thanks. It's still hard for me to see it clearly but I take your work for it.
Can you test your FP with Studio One? You would have to change the mode but I wonder if this happens with it instead of Cubase.
Or, maybe you have another DAW you could test with.
You are on the latest FW for it so that's not it. You could try uploading the FW again.

You can start a Support ticket for this to be sure it is not a defective scribble strip.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jinxchin on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:45 pm
Hi Bbd,

Tried it with Studio One and the scribble strip did not display the symbol anymore.

I guess it just happens when I run it with Cubase. Anyone else have this phenomenon?

Thanks
by patriciogeijo on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 am
Hello

I have exactly the same problem with Cubase 9.5. I bought my Faderport yesterday and I noticed this strange symbol.

Also, is there a way to use the whole display for the track name? Because all of the names on the display are cut short.

Thanks.
by Bbd on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:12 am
The scribble strip display is set by the factory so you can't change the way text is displayed.

You should also report the strange symbol to support. That would be 2 reports that might lead to a fix someday.

Thanks.

Bbd

7 posts
Page 1 of 1