StudioLive AR8, AR12 and AR16 Hybrid Mixers
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I wanted to ask here in case anyone has had this same issue happen before opening a Support ticket and/or contacting tech support from my distributor.

The digital section on my AR16c mixer stopped working completely. That is the FX section, the SD Capture and the ST 17/18 USB channel, to and from the computer. At first I started hearing a noise in that channel (thick dark digital interference like noise) and then after a while the whole digital part went off. The analog channel strips are all working fine. I used to have an AR12 mixer and had the almost exact same issue, at that time I couldn't get support from my distributor for a number of reasons, so in the end they gave me a 30% discount and I bought the AR16.
After about a year and a half of use this happened.
I use the mixer as my interface and analog mixer, it is very strange to me that the same issue (that is only affecting the digital section) has happened to me with both mixers, at a given moment I thought it might be something with my electrical circuit but none of my other equipment has had any issues whatsoever, that includes synths, monitors, electric drums, guitar amps and pedals, and also the Presonus 44VSL Audiobox which I am using now as my interface. None of those have had any issues, so I disregard this being having anything to do with my electrical circuit.

Any feedback from you guys will be most appreciated, thanks. :+1

PS: After somedays, the digital section did came back to life, but it only lasted like 30 mins and then it went back to completely dead nd stayed that way.
by SwitchBack on Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:00 pm
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

Sadly, a service ticket is called for. Something's not right with that mixer.
by danirevolt on Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:26 pm
Hi, thanks!
Yeah I guess so. I'll still see if anyone else replies and then just open the ticket.
Thanks.
by danirevolt on Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:15 pm
I just created the support ticket since no one else had any feedback to give, I'll see what they say.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1