StudioLive AR8, AR12 and AR16 Hybrid Mixers
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I have setup studio one 4 with my AR16 and it works well for vocals and attached keyboards guitars etc.

However, I wanted to use virtual dj8 to quickly play a karaoke file and sing along for rehearsal purposes and record everything. The vocals record fine but only a very very faint sound is coming through from the PC audio.

I have used the AR16 template and armed the appropriate tracks but the PC audio is unusable.

Are there further steps I need to take to make this work.

Can somebody please help a newbie lady please.

Kind regards
Dawn :D
by SwitchBack on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:48 pm
Hi and welcome :)

I think what you are trying to do is not possible with your mixer. Your AR16 does not allow you to directly record channels with audio sourced from usb. Out of the 18 usb sends from mixer to computer the first 16 are the mixer’s analog channel inputs, and 17/18 is the mixer’s main output mix.

What you can do is first record just the karaoke track. Make sure it’s the only thing in your mixer’s main mix, get a strong reading on the mixer’s output meters, and record only usb sends 17/18 in Studio One. Then you can use that track to return to the mixer (e.g. to usb returns 3/4 going to mixer channels 15/16) to sing/play along to.
Last edited by SwitchBack on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by dawncolford on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:59 pm
Many thanks for the quick reply.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... interfaces

The above presonus website seems to suggest it is possible or am I reading it wrong

Kind regards
Dawn
by dawncolford on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:04 pm
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 1132120564

The manual seems to suggest it is possible to. That's why I thought a video might be available but alas I can't find one.
by SwitchBack on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:16 pm
Ah yeah, forgot about that one (using Mac myself). Seems a bit tricky (with the feedback warning) but it should work. It’s still a good idea to try recording only the karaoke tape first, to make sure you get a good level. Once you have that sorted you can move on to playing and recording at the same time :)
by dawncolford on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:21 pm
I understand that I can just drag the track into a channel. It's just the fact that the lyrics won't be there lol.

I just hoped that some kind person who knows more than me would show how it's done.
by SwitchBack on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:29 pm
Give it a little longer. I’m sure someone using the loopback feature will jump in ;)
by dawncolford on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:35 pm
:roll:

Many thanks
by dawncolford on Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:21 am
Bump

Anybody help
by SwitchBack on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:52 pm
Someone else is on the case. Keep an eye on this thread :)
by dawncolford on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:13 am
Thanks SwitchBack

11 posts
Page 1 of 1