StudioLive AR8, AR12 and AR16 Hybrid Mixers
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
New to this kind of stuff. I want to record all channels from mixer (AR16) into capture which I figured out how to do. But is there a way to only have certain channels in the main output/speakers? I was thinking making an aux mix and sending them through speakers but not sure if that works, or if there is another way to do it. Sorry if question seems lame, I'm new to mixing/sound. Thanks for any help.
by SwitchBack on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:24 am
You can simply turn down or mute those channels in main. The recording sends are right after the low-cut button, so EQ and fader positions don’t affect the recording. The only exception is the main recording track which is post-everything.
by leonardbannach on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:23 pm
Thanks for the speedy response. As far as 'record send' Do you mean the trim knob above the low cut button?
by SwitchBack on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:37 pm
Record/usb 'send' is the signal going to the computer via usb.

The trim knob (channel gain) sets the channel input level and the usb send level. The usb send comes after the low cut button so that also affects the signal to the computer. But channel EQ and the channel fader come after the usb send so have no influence on the signal to the computer.
by leonardbannach on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:11 pm
Thanks for your help. I think I got it. So as long as the USB send is engaged and the trim levels are set, fader, mute and EQ will not affect the tracks in Capture?
by SwitchBack on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:26 pm
The usb sends are always engaged. There's a button for sending main via usb sends 1&2 but then you can't record the input on channels 1 and 2 anymore. Only use that button if you must.

The AR mixers have two buttons for the two usb stereo returns, one on the SuperChannel and one on the channel next to it. But these buttons have no effect on the usb sends.
by leonardbannach on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:54 pm
Thanks for the help!

7 posts
Page 1 of 1