StudioLive AR8, AR12 and AR16 Hybrid Mixers
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I've got a StudioLive AR 16 and Studio One Pro, is it possible to connect a second one (a friend of mine own an AR8) to extend the number of recordable tracks?

It's probably a dumb question, but...

Thanks
by SwitchBack on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:36 am
On a Mac yes. OSX allows you to create an 'aggregate' audio device which is basically merging multiple interfaces into one.

On PC not so easy. Maybe ASIO4ALL can do it, but that is more than likely not officially supported by PreSonus.
by michelgirard on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:03 am
Thank you for this tip.
I'm on PC, so i'm gonna see if i can do something with ASIO4ALL.

Or found a friend with a Mac.
by matthewgorman on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:08 am
Just to expand on Switch's correct information. USB is not a "chainable" protocol like firewire. In order to expand, most times its via adat or spdif. These being analog boards rules those options out.

ASIO4ALL may work, but as stated, its not supported. Most issues arise when clocking is off, and the 2 devices and data are not synced up. No harm in trying, since you already own the mixers, and ASIO is free. Let us know how you make out, since it may help another user down the road.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by michelgirard on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:52 am
Thank Matthew,

I will, but honestly, it was just a crazy idea and i don't really want to spend hours and risk to make a mess if Asio4all is not supported.
My system works perfectly fine as it is, and 16 tracks are most of the time largely enough for me to deal with!

Thanks again, both of you.

Michel

5 posts
Page 1 of 1