StudioLive AR8, AR12 and AR16 Hybrid Mixers
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey,
i've got my StudioLive AR 16 yesterday and I really really love it!
We use this mixer to record our band practice (we practice with headphones) and it's connected (via USB) to a laptop with S1 to send some special Vocal FX and Backing Tracks.
In the S1 Audio I/O Section, I saw that i can add a new output (It's named 3/4) and I set it up as a cue mix output to route a click track (for the drummer) on it.

But I don't know which output on my AR16 is routed to the S1 second stereo output (3/4)?

I tested everything (Control Room Outs, Mon 1/Mon2) but everything I can hear is just the standard 1/2 output. Is it possible to set up 2 outputs with my normal USB connection and S1?

I hope that you can understand my question :oops: and sorry for my bad english :P

Thank you!
by SwitchBack on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:49 pm
Hi and welcome,

USB returns 3/4 go to channels 15/16. Just remember to press the button that says "3/4" (right below the 15/16 gain knob.)
by avaktar on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:53 am
I was just playing with that yesterday. I ran Studio One 3, expanded the outputs, then took a bunch of the AR's inputs and assigned to a bus, routed that bus to the 15/16 (output 3, basically you have two mono channels if you want) and then ran a compressor on it as an experiment. I'm trying to figure out the best way to add compression into the drum and vocals in a live situation with this mixer. The aux routing capabilities are limited without a PC.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1