StudioLive AR8, AR12 and AR16 Hybrid Mixers
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Aloha Friends, i'm having issues with reliability with the AR16 going into Ableton Live. Sometimes it will record into individual tracks, but most of the time, there will be no sound, and I have to turn the AR16 off and then back on, or sometimes that doesn't work, and i quit Live and re-open, sometimes that works, sometimes i'm not sure what the hell works. I'm not getting poop when I try to record into Capture. The playback indicator in Capture is not moving, even though it says it's "recording", but it isn't actually recording anything at all. I really don't want to use Capture, I want to record directly into Live, but i'm just trying whatever so far just to be able to multi-track record... i'm thinking it's gotta be software/driver issues. I'm running a 2009 Macbook Pro with a hybrid 1TB hardrive, 8GB of RAM, and OS 10.9.5... should be fine....
wondering if anyone is having similar issues....

thanks for your time!
by matthewgorman on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:23 pm
I have not seen any reports like this. I recommend a support ticket to get to the root of the problem.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by SwitchBack on Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:51 pm
It may be a problem with the installation of the drivers. Make sure that the mixer is properly identified as StudioLive AR16 on all the USB ports you may use to connect it to. Also make sure the mixer is connected and on before switching on the computer. Audio/MIDI settings may revert to local when the mixer is connected after the computer is up and running.
by shermancrawford on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:42 pm
Thank you guys, I've also noticed another strange thing, the AR16 will also hang on a piece of audio like it's frozen in time, so after i got done recording something yesterday and I stopped the music, it was just playing a little snippet over and over in a glitchy way, not a good glitchy way either, i had to turn it off and back on to make it stop. This was after successfully getting it to record into Ableton. The recording is really quiet too, and it's frustrating that it only records the dry signal. Really not too thrilled with the AR16 as an "audio interface" at this point, it basically does not work at all. Works ok as a mixer, and i'm stuck with it now so i have to make it work....
by SwitchBack on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:25 pm
Well thats weird. I'd open a service ticket to have PreSonus look into the hanging thing. Still possible is is due to a dodgy install or usb cable but PreSonus will definitely want to know about it.

As for using the AR as an audio interface: The idea of the dry track recording is that you can go overboard fiddling with the settings for the audience and the monitors, all without ruining your recorded tracks. You can still record the main mix post everything if you want. The low recording levels suggest that you could run your inputs hotter. As a test record a track with the input slightly clipping (occasional red LED) to see if that still produces a weak track :)

5 posts
Page 1 of 1