StudioLive AR8, AR12 and AR16 Hybrid Mixers
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Just taken delivery of an AR12.

Recording a simple mix onto the SDHC card seems fine, except that when playing back there is a huge amount of hiss.

Any suggestions?

With thanks,
Toby

by 1moderntalking1 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:31 pm
Hi
Yes i am experiencing this too. Also the recorded volume is very low even though gain is setvat unity. Can anyone help?
by TobyC on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:40 am
This issue is also being discussed here where two other users are reporting the same problem:

http://answers.presonus.com/11651/hiss-on-sd-card-recordings?show=11658#a11658

by TobyC on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:31 pm
Just spent several hours with our lovely dealer trying three different AR12's recording onto two different SD cards. Sadly all of them exhibited the hiss on the SD card recording. Design fault maybe?

by Skip Jones on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:20 am
Tobyc, 1moderntalking1, congratulations on your purchase! Please open a support ticket with tech support so we can help you get sorted out. To do so, click on the hyperlink in my signature. After you receive a ticket number, also PM (private message) me the ticket number for reference.

Also, would you create or modify your signature to include your system specs? This helps to expedite the process and reduce the number of questions that have to be asked going forward. To create or modify your signature click on the appropriate hyperlink in my signature.

Regards,

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by wesley on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:05 pm
Hi all:

The SD recording is Post-main fader. So if you have a low input signal and your main fader set low as well, you're not going to achieve a good signal-to-noise ratio on your SD recording.

I've posted a knowledge base article with instructions here:
http://answers.presonus.com/12955/why-i ... ding-noisy

Hope this helps!!

-W
by Skip Jones on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:54 pm
Thanks Wesley! #IamStudioLive http://www.presonus.com/videos/player#IAmStudioLive-Wesley

Regards

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear

7 posts
Page 1 of 1