StudioLive AR8, AR12 and AR16 Hybrid Mixers
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
HI, I just received my AR16, great trial so far and first live use with band rehearsal tomorrow night!

Before I start trying to figure out how to remove the left and right side plastic covers for the rack mounts, is there any instructions? Nothing stated in the manual.

Leo

Macbook Pro
Studio One 3
Fire Studio Mobile
Capture
FaderPort
HP4
Progression
Studio Live AR16
by Karyn on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:42 am
I don't have one, but if it's anything like the other consoles... remove 2 or 3 small screws then slide the panel slightly towards the front edge to release it.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by lfbrennan on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:13 am
Thanks Karyn,
2 small screws on the bottom edge and the panel slides rearward about 3/8". Then pulls right off.

Nice job Presonus with the design of these panels and their mounting. Very sleek and sturdy.

Now off to order a road case!

Macbook Pro
Studio One 3
Fire Studio Mobile
Capture
FaderPort
HP4
Progression
Studio Live AR16
by Skip Jones on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:50 pm
Cool! Shoot us a pic after you mount in new road case so we can drool.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by jonkoeze on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:28 pm
The only problem with these answers is - according to the diagram, there are two screws that you pull off the AR16 to remove the end covers that allow the unit to fit into a 19" Rack, a total of 4 screws. The Diagram shows four screws for EACH rack ear, a total of 8 screws. I also tried to mount the rack ears with the for screws removed from the covers and they did not seem to be the correct size.

Please let me know how I can get the correct screws, or provide screw specifications so I can obtain them locally.
by Skip Jones on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:22 am
The four screws to remove the end panels are the screws (2 each side) on the bottom of the sidecaps as indicated in the diagram. The four screws per side are to attach the rack ears to the sides of the unit once the side panels have been removed.

http://www-media-presonus.netdna-ssl.co ... _Guide.pdf

SAVE those four bottom screws and the side panels in case you would like to return it to no rack mount condition.

Skip

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by sjc193 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:20 pm
I think you should have gotten the screws with the rack ears when you bought them. You might want to start a support ticket so that they can send you some screws. Just us users here on the Forum. . .

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by jonkoeze on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:55 pm
Skip Jones, I am confused by you post. The Diagram you reference clearly shows 4 screws per side, (per rack ear,) to install the rack ears on the AR16. If you take off the four screw (2 per side) that hold the cheeks, (assuming they fit) and use those screws to mount the rack ears (2 per rack ear) you will still be four screws short. What kind of screws are these? Thread? size? length?
by Skip Jones on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:23 pm
I apologize if there is confusion. I guess I should ask what came in your rack ear kit. It should contain 2 rack ears and 8 rack ear mounting screws. The 4 screws mentioned were the existing ones that hold on the end dress panels. If you did not get the 8 screws in your kit, please open a support ticket and PreSonus will get you sorted out. If you would share your ticket number with me via a PM, I will try to further assist with Support.

Skip

Skip

by jspr on Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:49 am
Does anyone know how many Rack Units the AR16C takes up?

10 posts
Page 1 of 1