StudioLive AR8, AR12 and AR16 Hybrid Mixers
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've read the manual for the new StudioLive AR8 and something isn't clear to me. If I have inputs on say channel 1 and 3/4, can I have channel 3/4 sent to the main output, but BOTH channel 1 and 3/4 sent to the phones output?

Thanks
by PreSonuSales2 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:36 am
The Phones output (by default, if you don't have any PFL or AFL buttons pressed) is just going to be a copy of the Main Mix - but its level is independent of the Master Fader. So what you're hearing out of the mains is also going to be coming out of the phones output, but the position at which you've got the master fader doesn't affect how loud your headphone mix is.

For what you're trying to do, you'd want to use the Monitor mix as opposed to the headphones mix. This way, you can send just channel 3/4 to the main output and both channel 1 and 3/4 to the monitor output.

Inside Sales

*Please create a "signature" with your software and hardware specs to make it easier for us to help you... click HERE.

Home Setup: Studio 192 , Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit), Eris E8s, Eris 4.5s, and Ceres 4.5s.
Office Setup: AudioBox 22VSL, Eris E5s, Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit)

2 posts
Page 1 of 1