StudioLive AR8, AR12 and AR16 Hybrid Mixers
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

It's time to upgrade my studio PC and I am looking at new Apple's with the M1 chips.

Officially Presonus seem to indicate that they're not supporting the M1 chips yet, but also indicate that "All of our other USB audio products appear to be working with Universal Control 3.4.0.61835 with Apple Silicon Macs running macOS 11.1 (Big Sur)."

Just wondering if anyone is successfully using a LiveStudio AR with a new M1 Mac (before I make an expensive mistake :0)
by mesperance on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:08 pm
Hi,

Did you ever get your answer?

I have the AR8 usb mixer and a Macbook Air M1 16gb. I haven't connected it to the Macbook Air M1 yet because the mixer is still connected to my PC. This weekend I plan to do a test and see if it connects to the Macbook as I want to move away from PC.

My PC fan noise is plain annoying! I love how my Macbook Air is basically silent.

I recently installed S1 v5.2 on the Macbook Air M1 and it runs like a champion. I run tons of automation in MaiTai without a hitch.

Additionally, I have successfully connected my old Audiobox to the Macbook Air M1 with a dongle with no issues at all. I will report back.
by jonnilsen on Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:26 am
I just bought a Mac Mini M2 Ultra, and the AR was pretty much plug-and-play. I haven't installed S1 yet, but Logic is working great so far with my AR12C.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1