7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I see that the inspire 1394 is added to the legacy list. Does this mean that no windows 8 driver will be written in the future?

If that's the case, this will worry me. It would mean that a presonus product has become the bottleneck in my home studio setup. In other words, I'd be stuck with windows 7 because of the lack of a windows 8 driver.
Last edited by johndoe75 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by cristofe on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 am
Seriously? Quality & durability?? The Inspire is unparalleled in both those respects. It's built like a tank!! The Inspire was released in 2006! TWENTY YEARS AGO!! And most of them still work just fine. I have several myself right now. Is your computer that old?? AFAIK, very few, if ANY, audio interfaces from that period are still supported by their manufacturers.The Tascam US-122 from that period doesn't even have drivers past WinXP.

Does this mean that no windows 8 driver will be written in the future?

Yes, of course. That's exactly right. You cannot expect manufacturers to support products indefinitely. In many cases it not even possible to write new drivers because the technology has changed too much. If you're going to buy a new computer perhaps it's time to upgrade your interface as well.

All that being said, I have successfully installed Inspires on several Win8 systems. :mrgreen:

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by johndoe75 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:27 am
2014 - 2006 is definitely not twenty years ago lol.
But thats okay. Thanks for your response! :D

Extra info:
I'm the owner of an inspire 1349.
My system is pretty OK. Running an i7 2600 system with 8GB DDR3 RAM (dual channel) with windows 8 pro 64bit installed on a good SSD. So that should be okay and all up-to-date.

You mentioned that you've got this audio interface working on your windows 8 machine? Great stuff. Would you mind sharing that workaround so it can help me and other users who will run into this compatibilty issues?

Troubleshoots:
I've already installed the windows 7 driver in 'compatibility mode' with admin rights. Installation succeeded except, windows doesn't recognize the AI afterwards.

Thanks in advance,
John
by johndoe75 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:59 am
Oops apologies!! Weird stuff. Looks like it's a non Presonus related issue.
Not sure what happened, but my firewire driver has disappeared since this morning. I Have to figure out what caused this.
by johndoe75 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:33 pm
Got it working. It was a windows 8 firewire issue. I've fixed my wifi driver issue and the Inspire 1394 was recognized immediately. Runs smooth like a baby butt :)

Also; I installed the latest win8 firewire driver. Works perfectly with the inspire.
by cristofe on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:24 pm
2014 - 2006 is definitely not twenty years ago lol.

Yeah....DUH!! :roll: Math wasn't my best subject....LOL!! :lol: Guess I added instead of subtracted!
Anyways, glad to hear you got it sorted and are up and running!

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by kitekrazy on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:45 pm
cristofe wroteSeriously? Quality & durability?? The Inspire is unparalleled in both those respects. It's built like a tank!! The Inspire was released in 2006! TWENTY YEARS AGO!! And most of them still work just fine. I have several myself right now. Is your computer that old?? AFAIK, very few, if ANY, audio interfaces from that period are still supported by their manufacturers.The Tascam US-122 from that period doesn't even have drivers past WinXP.

Does this mean that no windows 8 driver will be written in the future?

Yes, of course. That's exactly right. You cannot expect manufacturers to support products indefinitely. In many cases it not even possible to write new drivers because the technology has changed too much. If you're going to buy a new computer perhaps it's time to upgrade your interface as well.

All that being said, I have successfully installed Inspires on several Win8 systems. :mrgreen:

Better chance of this buying RME products. They released FW drivers to bring some of their legacy products back to life.

FW1394 should be no problem on Windows 10. It will use Window 7 drivers. I know it's an old thread but I have more M-Audio gear and m biggest worry was replacing my FW410. I installed the W10 preview and the FW410 works so I assume the 1394 will work as well.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1