3 posts
Page 1 of 1
hi!
before i connect inspire 1394 for the first time, i thought i'd ask for advice which port to use, since i have two ports on my pc: one onboard the motherboard, and one on the creative audigy pci card.

does anyone think i would have problems with either setups?

here's the two versions:

perhaps i should also mention that the pc and the amp are on the same power line....

any advice is welcome. thanks kindly in advance for any answers.
by SwitchBack on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:18 pm
I'd go for the onboard FW interface. Cards combining FW with something else often give issues due to both functions sharing one PCI slot.

As a tip I'd bundle the cables (signal, data, audio) to reduce the surface of the loop. (Small surface = less likely to pick up noise).
by tamariskodric on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:49 pm
SwitchBack wroteI'd go for the onboard FW interface. Cards combining FW with something else often give issues due to both functions sharing one PCI slot.

As a tip I'd bundle the cables (signal, data, audio) to reduce the surface of the loop. (Small surface = less likely to pick up noise).

sounds good advice. onboard solution then it is.
i was reading about onboard firiwire chips being crappy, but i have a decent motherboard with texas instruments ieei chip. all the posts are saying that if your chip is texas instruments then you got nothing to fear.

thank you for the great tip about bundling too, would have never occured to me! :)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1