Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is the dream of getting 3rd party daw support dead with the cs18 ? I mean I use studio one 4 with it and love it but from time to time I do use a different daw and it would be nice to be able to use the cs with that as well and maybe I'm mistakin but I thought I keep reading it was coming at some point but haven't heard a word on it in like a year
by wahlerstudios on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:04 pm
I have the privilege to be able to use the DAW buttons on a CS18AI (as long as it's still here) and a SL16 and I very much like the way Studio One is integrated in the Series III mixers as user interface. The workflow of a Series III mixer is much better than the workflow of a CS18 - but the DAW implementation is not really different and there is nothing new. At least I haven't discovered anything new yet. The implementation looks and feels like a copy of the work done for the CS/RM machines. Obviously, this work was never done for other DAWs and the Series III family is also waiting for this feature for almost two years now.

It's simply guess, but why should a company invest time and money to create features for equipment sold years ago, while they urgently need the programmer's work for other projects? And even if you would have to pay for the DAW feature, would that bring a "return on investment" for the manufacturer? I don't think so. There have been many, many, many people already selling their CS18 because of missing features (like 3rd party DAW integration) or simply because it didn't work for them the way they expected.

Enjoy what you have, and don't wait for miracles. It will be interesting to see how the 3rd party DAW integration for Series III will work, once it's released. There are huge expectations...
by krismaher on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:33 am
Yeah fortunately like I said I primarily use studio one and I do like the intergration and control the cs18 gives me so I'm not entirely bummed but I will keep my fingers crossed that presonus makes good on the 3rd party support for the series 3 owners and not just move onto the next "great thing" while not completely full filling the expectations of those who purchased the product
by clintrupp on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:45 pm
wahlerstudios wrote
1. It's simply guess, but why should a company invest time and money to create features for equipment sold years ago, while they urgently need the programmer's work for other projects?

2. And even if you would have to pay for the DAW feature, would that bring a "return on investment" for the manufacturer? I don't think so.

1. Because they said they were going to and were working on HUI protocol for the CS18 quite some time ago. Half the reason I bought a CS18. Say what you do, do what you say.

2. It opens doors for the manufacturer when the hardware is not specific to one software application. IE, more users would buy it as a control surface if it were at least HUI compatible.

Win 10 x64, Gigabyte Z170 GA-7 i7 6700k, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz , Gigabyte GTX 970, Water Cooled. 2 X SSD Samsung NVMe 950 Pro 512gb, 840D SSD, 3TB WDC, Studio One Pro V4.1, CS18Ai, Quantum, Studio 192, E66 x2, E8 x 2, E5 x2, Temblor T10, Monitor Station V2, MPD218, MPD226, Cubase 10, Reaper 5, All iZotope and FabFilter plugs, Amplitube 4, Superior Drummer 3.0, EZ Drummer 2
by clintrupp on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:48 pm
krismaher wroteYeah fortunately like I said I primarily use studio one and I do like the intergration and control the cs18 gives me so I'm not entirely bummed but I will keep my fingers crossed that presonus makes good on the 3rd party support for the series 3 owners and not just move onto the next "great thing" while not completely full filling the expectations of those who purchased the product

This.

Win 10 x64, Gigabyte Z170 GA-7 i7 6700k, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz , Gigabyte GTX 970, Water Cooled. 2 X SSD Samsung NVMe 950 Pro 512gb, 840D SSD, 3TB WDC, Studio One Pro V4.1, CS18Ai, Quantum, Studio 192, E66 x2, E8 x 2, E5 x2, Temblor T10, Monitor Station V2, MPD218, MPD226, Cubase 10, Reaper 5, All iZotope and FabFilter plugs, Amplitube 4, Superior Drummer 3.0, EZ Drummer 2

5 posts
Page 1 of 1