Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I take it the CS18AI cannot be used with the new StudioLive 32R. (or maybe able to be used but in less capacity without some features etc....)

I dont see any info on the 32R pages and therefor would assume this.

Could someone clarify?

thanks much

Brad p
by wahlerstudios on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:14 am
The CS18AI is the controller for the RM/RML mixers of the AI family, using AVB I. Unfortunately AVB I and AVB II are not compatible, therefore you can not control a 32R via a CS18AI. You need to buy a SL Series III console (at least a SL16) if you want physical faders and knobs and buttons for the new rack mixers.
by bradp015 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:42 am
wahlerstudios wroteThe CS18AI is the controller for the RM/RML mixers of the AI family, using AVB I. Unfortunately AVB I and AVB II are not compatible, therefore you can not control a 32R via a CS18AI. You need to buy a SL Series III console (at least a SL16) if you want physical faders and knobs and buttons for the new rack mixers.

Ahhh... thank you so much for that..... too funny, Iv been working on a solution for a corp account with the CS (they dont need mic pre's etc.... at the engineers position).... well, this puts a wrench in the gears....I dont think they will want to invest in older tech.

Any idea for putting a remote surface with physical touch in a system without paying for pre's and all that hardware? I may need to look elsewhere i guess....

thanks for all the help!
brad p
by wahlerstudios on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 am
Indeed, PreSonus is leaving the controller market to other manufacturers. There have been requests for a CS18 III to control the new rack mixers, but it's difficult to see a "place" for it in the new product range. At least not as long as the ecosystem is not complete, which means that the items are available and functioning. There are several questions not answered for the stageboxes, the personal mixer and the switch (still no manuals available).

I hope you can find a good solution.

:+1

4 posts
Page 1 of 1