Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi - I just got a CS18ai this morning (my third - I install them in churches along with RM32s as part of new PA systems).

But this one exhibited some starnge behaviour.

The meter LEDs chase from side to side on booting (normal), but when the Presonus logo appears on the screen, they keep scanning. When the screen seems to have fully booted, the LEDs still scan from side to side and while I can get into menus on the screen, the rest of the desk does not seem to work?

I thought it may be firmware - so I tried to flash to latest version. This time the LEDs still scanned from side to side (and not progressively as the firmware upgrades). I left it a good while as I did not want to brick it powering off mid firmware upgrade.

In the end - I had to take the plunge and power cycle it. Same problem as before, although the menu reports latest firmware (so firmware upgrade seemes to have worked).

UK Distributor advised me to open a side panel to see if any ribbon cables had come loose. Didn't seem to be.

So I've just filled in a return request to UK distributor (the CS18ai was brand new). Will see what they say.

But I just wondered if anyone else had seen/fixed this problem?
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:21 am
It looks like nobody else has seen that behavior before, so how did the story continue? Did you get the CS18AI replaced/repaired/healed...?

I just checked the procedure for a firmware upgrade (obviously there is nothing like a factory reset) and read this in the "how_update_firmware" document:

9. Press and hold the Home Button and power on your StudioLive CS18AI. (...) Continue to hold the Home button as the CS18AI powers up.
by alaistairdeacon on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:40 am
Sorry - I should have replied....
Opened up and fiddled all the ribbon cable headers.
No luck.

Emailed UK distributor and did an immediate swap for a replacement - no problems.

All up and running now.

I just got a Studiolive 32 Series III - and its brill

3 posts
Page 1 of 1