Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys, I just purchased a CS18AI over the weekend and the potential is exciting but I am having an issue with mapping 3rd party plugins via control link. I can successfully map plugin A (3rd party plugin) to my encoder knobs, but when I open a plugin on a different insert (plugin B) and map that plugin, when I go back to plugin A it reverts back to it's default mapping. Is this normal for the CS18AI to not be able to save the mapping for plugin beyond when another plugin is opened?
by matthewgorman on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:55 am
No, not normal at all. every Plug that I have mapped stays mapped in every song I have used it in.

I am not fully grasping your example though. Not sure what Plug A, B and default mean.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by gabrielfry on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:49 pm
For example Plugin A is Slate VMR, and plugin B is Slate Virtual Tape Machine. Just 2 different plugins. Yeah I don't know what the deal is or how to get it to remember how I set it.
by matthewgorman on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:54 pm
Ok. What do you mean when you say

when I go back to plugin A it reverts back to it's default mapping.

What do you mean? I am heading out for the evening for a session, so my reply may be delayed until tomorrow.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by gabrielfry on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:25 pm
So with plugin A knob 1 is is mapped to the trim knob on the Slate VMR Pre-73 plugin. I want to map that knob 1 to the input gain knob on the VMR Pre-73 plguin. I can successfully do that but when I map a different plugin, and come back to plugin A (Slate VMR Pre-73)it reverts knob 1 back to the trim knob, and forgets that I mapped it to the input gain knob.
by brianhoener on Mon May 08, 2017 11:23 pm
Are you making sure the Global Focus is on in the problem plugin?

6 posts
Page 1 of 1