Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Has anyone created a cheat sheet for the CS18ai for all available Studio One functions?

Thanks.
by matthewgorman on Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:30 am
Not that I have seen, but what are you interested in?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by christophersaylor on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:19 am
Thanks. For starters, is there a way to open and close the mixer view in Studio One 3? As with the original Faderport?
by matthewgorman on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:55 am
Going to say no right now, but I want to check on this. I use 2 screens, so I don't open/close the mixer much, if at all. There is no dedicated button, but maybe it can be mapped.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by michaelbaisch on Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:40 am
How do you control the fat channel in Studio one?
by matthewgorman on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:26 am
Have the channel selected, press home button on CS 18. From there, button on screen for FX edit, from there, select the plugin you want to edit. Controls are mapped to the encoders at the top, and parameters are shown in the scribble strips. For native fat channel, all buttons in the fat channel area are also mapped to the plug, same as they would be for the mixers.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by johnnygeib2 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:54 pm
Here's one I did.

CS18 WORKING FEATURES

Faders, Mute, Solo, Select, Pan

Faders control DAW faders
Busses are in “Mix Masters”
FX Busses are in “Returns”
“Mute” mutes DAW channels
“Solo” solos DAW channels
Pan is controlled by 16 encoder knobs at the top and can also be controlled by encoder under the Touchscreen for currently selected track.
Select button color matches Studio One channel color

Scribble strip

Shows:
channel name
Automation mode
Pan
Control Link parameter for Plugins

Record arm

Hold "Option" and press channel "Select" to toggle record arm on/off per channel. When in record arm the scribble strip will display a large "R" to indicate an armed channel

Channel layer navigation

Channels 1-16, 17-32, and so on. Press Shift and channel layer to go to channels 65-128. Press CTRL and channel layer to go to channels 129-192.
(Not implemented) Groups button used for mixer "scenes". Select a scene to hide channels not in the scene. Option to add a scene/group, page to show selected group with exit and delete buttons.
FX/Aux Returns button show FX channels
Mix Masters button shows buses
Group Masters button shows output channels

Flex Fader

Pressing “Edit” in “Assign” section will assign currently selected channel to the Flex Fader

Mix navigation

Press Main Mix button to have the main L/R mix on faders
Press Mix button 1 - 8 once to bring the associated send mix to the faders. Mix number corresponds with Send slot numbering from top to bottom
Press Mix button 9 - 16 once to bring the associated cue mix to the faders. Mix number 9 - 16 corresponds with Cue Mix slot from top to bottom

Automation modes

Uses Mute group buttons.
All On = All Read
1 = Read
2 = Touch
3 = Latch
4 = Write
5 = All Read
6 = All Touch
7 = All Latch
8 = none

Transport

Uses Transport buttons as labeled
Modifiers for additional funcitons
“Option” engaged - Stop is “Fast Forward;” RTZ is “Rewind”
“Ctrl” engaged - Stop is “Next Marker;” RTZ is “Prev Marker”

Solo clear

Clear and channels that are “Solo” enabled

FX Inserts/Sends

Tapping FX on Touchscreen opens list of Inserts or Sends for selected channel
Inserts - shows top down list of plugins on channel
Sends - shows top down list of sends on channel
Tapping plugin in Inserts list will map plugin parameters to 16 encoders
Parameter names show in 16 mini screens per channel
Parameter value shows in Touchscreen and via meter bridge
Tapping again dismisses plugin from computer screen and unlinks plugin parameters from encoders
Tapping Sends will select it.
Send level controlled by encoder below touchscreen

Jog Function

The knob under the touch screen can be used as a "Jog" when enabled from the Markers button and then hitting "JOG" at the top of the screen.

Control Link Mode

De-activating all buttons to the left of the "Selected Channel" meters, activates the Fat Channel for Control Link assigning of the knobs and buttons.

Foot Switch

Make sure the CS18 is in DAW mode
Select "System"
Now go to Footswitch Mode
Press it and you will now see a drop down
If you can not see the DAW options, select the last option and then select again.
You will now see 2 DAW options "DAW Rec/Start" and "DAW Drop Markers"
Select the one you need and then press home.

by Paulaudio on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:11 am
You cannot assign the flex fader that way. It doesn't work.
by johnnygeib2 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:03 am
Paulaudio wroteYou cannot assign the flex fader that way. It doesn't work.

Works just fine here.

by rasheid2kx on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:48 pm
I know i'm late to the party, but im considering to get the cs18ai, because it has nice individual meters. Better than the SL S3's 3 bar meter in my opinion. However the SL S3 seems to have better integration with studio one. Does the CS18AI integrate with the new fat channel plugin in Studio One 3/4, Or would i have to map them? Can an single encoder to mapped to multiple plugins? This is a make or break for me.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home, x64-based PC
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model B85M-HD3
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

Presonus Firebox
Rode NT1
Maschine MK2
by matthewgorman on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:18 am
rasheid2kx wroteI know i'm late to the party, but im considering to get the cs18ai, because it has nice individual meters. Better than the SL S3's 3 bar meter in my opinion. However the SL S3 seems to have better integration with studio one. Does the CS18AI integrate with the new fat channel plugin in Studio One 3/4, Or would i have to map them? Can an single encoder to mapped to multiple plugins? This is a make or break for me.

The fat channel does not operate the same when using the CS as a controller for S1 vs controlling a mixer. When using as a daw controller, plug in paramters are mapped to the scribble strips, for the top level encoders, but the controls are not in the same place as they are for mixer use.

Yes, a single encoder can control multiple plug in parameters for different plugs. Whichever plug is in focus will be controlled. This is done for 3rd party plgs via control link in S1. Native plugs are premapped, and afaik can not be changed.

The Series 3 has better integration, because there is more hardware capabilities on the series 3 (ex, bigger touch screen). I have used both, and prefer the Series 3. I never mind the meters on the mixer when in daw mode, so the 3 seg meters don't really bother me.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by rasheid2kx on Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:38 pm
I know this is late but it was impolite for me not to say thank you for the response. So thank you kindly. @mattewgorman

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home, x64-based PC
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model B85M-HD3
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

Presonus Firebox
Rode NT1
Maschine MK2

12 posts
Page 1 of 1