Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
38 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I hope I have someones attention.

I'm an electrical engineer and studio engineer etc I have setup my CS18AI to work just with my Studio One 3 software on a new PC. I applied the 7055 firmware update (don't follow the procedure in the manual, it doesn't work) sucessfully to the CSD18AI.

I have tried both methods of connecting to S13, wireless WiFi and direct Ethernet.

Wireless works with unacceptable latency between CS18AI faders and corresponding faders in S13. Of course the manual is a joke here too, I spent a lot of time figuring out that I had to set my wifi router to 2.4 GHZ and not mixed or legacy in order to get the CS18AI to recognize the network connection. I spent even more time wondering why the wifi dongle wasn't working at all when plugged in directly to the USB port. After more searching, I found that using a USB extension cable does make the dongle work and I happened to have one. I was able to connect to the 2.4 GHZ network and then select S13 in the software dropdown list. However as I said, the tracking of the faders is just horrible and makes this method unusable to control S13. I can't use the CS18AI at all... sometimes it tracks and then the CS18AI just loses all control completely.

Ethernet direct cable connection will allow me to select S13 from the CS18AI software menu. It responds to Studio One 3 in that if I deselect "Allow remote applications to control S13" under Options/Network, the CS18AI loses S13 and recognizes it again when it is re-selected. However, this is the only thing that the CS18AI does when connected directly through the Ethernet port. The CS18AI does not control anything, does not "set" the faders when S13 is selected in the network software menu, and the scribble strips don't show the S13 track names. The CS18AI does nothing at all to control S13. Again, it's completely useless. It doesn't work at all.

What can I say? I never would have bought this if I had not believed Presonus claims about it. I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief. What is beiing done about this?

I have a Presonus 1818VSL, a Presonus Digimax FS, Studio One 3 Pro and Studio One 2, and this Presonus CS18AI. I'd say I am a great Presonus customer that expected another great Presonus product and got a $2000 boat anchor.

Any Presonus words of wisdom?

EDIT - Administrator changed the name of the Title of the thread
by matthewgorman on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:53 pm
I can say that I haven't experienced the issues you have listed, but I do have a few questions that may help with your problems.

I have found that the ideal connection between RM mixer, S1 V3, and computer is a router, and wired connections to the router. When you mention your wired connection, are you directly wired from PC to CS18, or do you have a router in the network? There needs to be something dishing out ip addresses for the network, unless you are on the public beta which allows for assigning ip addresses without a router.

For connectivity to S1, do you have the CS18 in daw mode? If not, that will prevent fader mirroring and scribble strips gone missing. Even with S1 selected for control in the CS18, you still need to be in daw mode. Daw mode button is at the bottom next to the main fader.

I think it may be a few things getting in the way of your use. When networking is involved, there is an order of startup that needs to be done for connectivity. The router needs to be powered on first, and fully booted, so that it can hand out the ip addresses for everything. Then you would power on the computer and fire up studio one, then the cs 18.

Keep in mind that there is a known issue on the current public firmware. If you use any of the fader testing like mardi gras mode, you need to re-start the CS18 to have daw control.

From my experience, I do have full daw control, 3rd party plugin mapping, mirrored faders, and scribble strips. Scribble strip also map out the knobs at the top of the cs18 for controlling effects, 3rd party and native, listing the parameter controlled by the knob.

If you want, provide a little more detail on how everything is hooked up, hooked to what equipment, and order of powerup, and I think we can get you squared away.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by rhrmusic on Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:56 pm
I'm running a Levono Intel i5, 32 GB ram, Windows 8.1 pro 64bit.

As I stated, I'm just using the CS18AI with Studio One 3 professional, no RM mixer, no AVB. The PC is Wireless Wifi from a Linksys EA6200 Wifi Router. Of course it's in DAW mode... this isn't rocket science. No need to repeat myself and I'm not looking for "advice". This is a matter for Presonus technical support.
Last edited by rhrmusic on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by matthewgorman on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:03 pm
Of course it's in DAW mode... this isn't rocket science.

:shock:

Just trying to help. Good luck.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by DrummerNick on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:34 am
The problems you are facing are identical to those I faced with my CS18ai. To the letter! I know there are people out there who say "mine is ok, you must be doing something wrong'" but like you, I tried everything. I had the same wifi dongle issues and ethernet with lag between fader movement and response. I gave up and sent mine back, It caused too many problems and wasted a lot of time. In the end, I bought a Yamaha 01v96i for slightly less money, it works perfectly as a daw controller for S1v3 as 2 HUI devices. I hope you get your controller sorted, maybe just wait for one of the ever promised "firmware updates."

Presonus Studio One V3, Revox B77 30ips HS 2trk mastering machine and a Tascam 58 8 track 1/2" recorder. CS18ai returned as the product isn't finished and caused too many problems, Yamaha HS8 and HS8s near field system, Yamaha 01v96i as a 16 i/o audio interface/daw control. Home made summing mixer, valve compressors and limiters (1960s, old but lovely)
by rhrmusic on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:52 am
Thanks Nick... some people here think they know everything and offer "advice" that is unsolicited. I only post on actual problems with the product as I determine them to be failures. I'm not very happy to find myself with a lemon especially after spending $2000 for a custom Malone SL Desk for this boat anchor. I'll be having a long talk with Presonus today to see if I can get it sorted out or whether there is an actual fix coming in a firmware update.

It blows my mind that it doesn't work when connected directly to the PC with a cat5 cable. This should be rock solid functionality without any wireless network connection involved. That was the reason I purchased it in the first place. I don't care about wireless...

I have a 10 point 27" touch screen monitor that works great with Studio One 3 that cost $400. Works much better than the CS18AI as a controller, no delay at all and I can perform all functions. I'll post an update after I have talked to Presonus today.
by roblof on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:24 am
rhrmusic wroteIt blows my mind that it doesn't work when connected directly to the PC with a cat5 cable. This should be rock solid functionality without any wireless network connection involved.

I don't have any cs18ai, but if you connect it directly to a computer you need to run a dhcp server on that computer and setup the correct network settings. This was mentioned by matthew above. I don't see you mention that you've setup this on the computer that you sre connected directly to...

Btw, matthew is one of the moderators and have access to more tech info than any of us mortals have.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by sjc193 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:49 am
This is a user forum, not technical support. You will only find advice from other users here. If you pay attention to the advice, you'll be up and running, but you should probably start a tech support ticket at this point. . .

you can start a ticket under your myPresonus account where you've registered the CS18AI

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by rhrmusic on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:55 am
I called Tech support and in a few minutes found out it was the firmware that needed fixing. I changed the CS18AI firmware from public 7055 to the Beta firmware version 2. Once that was updated, I went to UCNET and Wired IP then selected Static Self Assign to get the IP address for this direct ethernet connection between CS18AI and my PC. Next I set the Software control to my Studio One. After that, I had perfect control of faders and no latency at all in any of the other controls. There are a few small issues that I'm sure will be addressed on the next public firmware.

I hope other customers can read this and know what to do. Download the Beta firmware (version 2 at this time) and the unit will work as expected.

It was frustrating to have to debug a product that should have been working out of the box. Failing that, all registered owners should receive an email upon registration telling them to download the proper firmware whether it be public or beta. Presonus dropped the ball here pushing the CS18AI to market to capture market share over customer satisfaction.
by rhrmusic on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:06 am
sjc193 wroteThis is a user forum, not technical support. You will only find advice from other users here. If you pay attention to the advice, you'll be up and running, but you should probably start a tech support ticket at this point. . .
you can start a ticket under your myPresonus account where you've registered the CS18AI

Steve

Another 'expert".

It is moderated by Presonus Tech support and if I listened to the "advice" here, I would have been chasing my tail. If people actually read my post they could comprehend that it was a technical product issue that I addressed to Presonus.
by DrummerNick on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:19 am
Nice one, I'm glad you got it sorted. I wonder if this was the problem I faced with a non functional firmware version. The dealers here at the time were clueless and couldn't make head nor tail of the problem. I raised a ticket at the time, but got nothing back in the way of a fix. Thankfully under UK law I was able to just ship as it didn't do as stated. I agree, they shot themselves in the foot here, great product, but pushed out before the poor guys in the software dept. had a chance to get it finished. Even at launch they were stating "in the next update." That's just going to make a good product look bad when it doesn't work. They will get it right eventually, lets just hope they do before it slides on to the legacy shelf.

Presonus Studio One V3, Revox B77 30ips HS 2trk mastering machine and a Tascam 58 8 track 1/2" recorder. CS18ai returned as the product isn't finished and caused too many problems, Yamaha HS8 and HS8s near field system, Yamaha 01v96i as a 16 i/o audio interface/daw control. Home made summing mixer, valve compressors and limiters (1960s, old but lovely)
by roblof on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:31 am
rhrmusic wroteIt is moderated by Presonus Tech support and if I listened to the "advice" here, I would have been chasing my tail. If people actually read my post they could comprehend that it was a technical product issue that I addressed to Presonus.

This forum is not moderated by tech support. It is moderated by voulenteer users. Those users are i direct contact with presonus and have regular meetings and matthew is one of them.

As per chasing your tail. Matthew told you this:
I have found that the ideal connection between RM mixer, S1 V3, and computer is a router, and wired connections to the router. When you mention your wired connection, are you directly wired from PC to CS18, or do you have a router in the network? There needs to be something dishing out ip addresses for the network, unless you are on the public beta which allows for assigning ip addresses without a router.

It could not be more clearer than that and it was also the correct answer to your problem.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by DrummerNick on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:20 pm
This may not be a technical support place, but at least it gets actual users of the gear talking to each other, many issues have been sorted out this way. I would rather talk to someone with actual hands on experience of the product being discussed as they come across a lot of problems that tech support don't foresee. On page one of the user manual, the first thing it tells you to do is update the firmware, that to me says, "we didn't quite get it right first time round." Sure, it has become the way of the industry, but it leaves users out in the cold until they fix stuff and the CS18ai was not ready or finished when it hit the shops. I blame the marketing people pushing gear out of the door before it's finished, it must give the development guys nightmares!

by matthewgorman on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:23 pm
On page one of the user manual, the first thing it tells you to do is update the firmware, that to me says, "we didn't quite get it right first time round." Sure, it has become the way of the industry, but it leaves users out in the cold until they fix stuff and the CS18ai was not ready or finished when it hit the shops.

The other consideration is time on the shelf. Chances are they have been sitting for a bit after manufacturing, so the firmware just may be stale because of that.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Karyn on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:30 pm
I keep mine in a cool, dry place to prevent the firmware going stale..

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by DrummerNick on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:00 pm
You hit the nail on the head there Matthew. The unit I received just before Christmas had a firmware version that was two steps back from 7055. Even though the unit came direct from the European distributors. That didn't help matters as 7055 needs 7045 before it will update according to the 7055 notes. Thankfully, in the UK and Europe, if a customer has any reason to think a product isn't doing what it says it should, it can go back without question, but there is a given time to act on a return. I would have kept it if my ticket questions had been answered but I was running close to the return period. The fact is, it didn't work straight out of the box, I asked for help from Presonus, I didn't get a reply for a few days, I contacted the tech people here in the UK who support the product, didn't get an answer nor could they understand the issue. It does seem like they are on top of this one now so it shouldn't be a problem for future buyers, but it did leave a bit of a bad taste so I walked. I still use and love Studio One, but I don't use any of their hardware now. Not for any other reason but the slow support and as you say, stale products being shipped. The obvious answer would be for the dealers to insure products are up to the latest spec before shipping, but most are just box shifters and wouldn't consider it.

by Lequarius on Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:09 pm
Hi,

Gonna put my two cents in here. Matthew is a great asset on this site. It's not fair to call him out when his intention was only to help. He has more knowledge than most regarding Presonus products, and is not biased when it comes to problems arising with their products. He has NEVER steered me wrong, and if you had followed his advice you would have been up and running. I understand your frustration, and I share it, but venting at the people here who are trying to help is not productive.

As far as Presonus releasing their product too soon. I don't doubt that one bit. I am owner of the ever-hassled 1818VSL. They dropped the ball here too, and it doesn't surprise me one bit that they pushed another product out the door before it works. Presonus seems to have changed focus over the last few years. They started out with great products, and great support. Slowly but surely, as their reputation grew they started taking the shortcuts others in the Industry do. BIG MISTAKE. They had a business model that was excellent, and they sold it out to become a BIG PLAYER in the industry. This came at the expense of product quality and customer satisfaction.

I call this the BIG BRITCHES SYNDROME !!! So brother, I feel for you. I myself am sitting on the edge as far as doing business with Presonus anymore. I certainly WILL NOT buy one of their products anymore, until it has been out a year or two, and the bugs fixed. It would take a rock solid review of the reliability and performance of a product before I would EVER consider shelling out for another Presonus product.

For example, I love what they offer for the New STUDIO 192. Seems like a great replacement for the 1818VSL. Would have been nice to be able to use the 1818 in some way with it, but I understand they had to change the architecture of the product to eliminate a lot of the issues they NEVER could fix with the 1818. When I hear that all the connection and setup issues have been solved I will most likely buy a 192 based 24 Track system. Until then, I will just wait and watch. My wallet won't even see the glow of a Presonus product until then.

So my advice is let your wallet speak for you. My last purchase of a Presonus product was my 1818VSL, almost two years ago now. I got a used 24..4.2 AI because the owner was fed up with trying to get it to work, and the store he bought it from wouldn't take it back because he took too long trying to get it to work, and exceeded the return deadline. I got a smoking deal on it, by trading a spare mixing console I had from a previous rental system. No money gone to Presonus in this deal. I am getting decent performance from it, but it is VERY SELECTIVE on how it is started up, and how it is configured with the network/computer. ANY variance, and it locks up. Since I use it with a dedicated computer, and network set up SPECIFICALLY for the board it works pretty good. God forbid the network cable ever comes out, because it sends the system into a knipshit. It is workable though with proper steps.

So let your money make your position felt to a company. When their stocks come crashing down from on high, from lack of sales, it is usually a rude awakening for the management. Companies either fade away or change their approach. Traynor amps was a good example of this. Great product, great technical knowledge, but due to some bad decisions failed to become the forerunner it could have been.

Ok, I'm getting carried away here, so I will just say this. "Come on Presonus - listen to your customers !! A great number of professional level musicians are becoming very frustrated with how you are handling things. Please open your eyes, and make some changes, before it becomes too late.

Peace out Folks.

Leqs

Athena 4U Chassis i7-3770K Processor 5.0GHz(OC)|Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H|2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600|2GB Crucial SSD|SanDisk Extreme Pro 500GB SSD|SIIG 3 Port 9 wire Firewire Card|VIA 3 Port USB 2.0 Card|LG DVD/CD Drive|Gigabyte GTX 750 1GB(OC)|S1 Pro 4|D-Link DIR-615|Edirol UA-700|AB1818VSL |AS-900T IE Monitor System|Studiolive 24 S3|Studiolive RM16L|Alesis SR18|Digitech Vocalist Live Pro|Behringer DSP2024P|Nektar LX88+|Alesis Strike Force E-Drums|
by jspring on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:37 pm
Hi guys,

I actually work in QA and I Just thought I'd chime in to clarify some things here.

rhrmusic wroteI have tried both methods of connecting to S13, wireless WiFi and direct Ethernet....

It blows my mind that it doesn't work when connected directly to the PC with a cat5 cable.

Direct Ethernet Connection of the CS18 to a computer's ethernet port for Studio One control is actually not currently supported on the public release firmware 7055. It is possible, but it requires manually configuring your computer's ethernet connection, hence why it isn't supported. Unfortunately, the current documentation is unclear, or in the case of the Quick Start Guide, actually incorrect, so you can't be faulted for thinking otherwise. It's also the case that the documentation is problematic for the current release firmware, but once the public beta goes full public release, it will actually be correct, without even changing.

The reason the computer requires manual configuration is that the CS18 on firmware 7055, in the absence of a DHCP server, will automatically self-assign an IP address. This was implemented to allow direct ethernet connection to an RM mixer, and it self-assigns the IP address 169.254.0.1 (and likewise, the RM will self-assign 169.254.0.2). The problem is that your computer must also have an ethernet IP address within the same subnet in order for the CS18 to be able to connect to it and control Studio One. When your computer self-assigns an IP address in the absence of a DHCP server, it will assign one according to the APIPA / ZeroConf networking schemes, so something in the 169.254.1.x to 169.254.254.x range, which does not include the subnet 169.254.0.x, and thus the computer is in a different subnet than the CS18, meaning it can't be controlled by the CS18.

rhrmusic wroteEthernet direct cable connection will allow me to select S13 from the CS18AI software menu. It responds to Studio One 3 in that if I deselect "Allow remote applications to control S13" under Options/Network, the CS18AI loses S13 and recognizes it again when it is re-selected. However, this is the only thing that the CS18AI does when connected directly through the Ethernet port. The CS18AI does not control anything, does not "set" the faders when S13 is selected in the network software menu, and the scribble strips don't show the S13 track names.

The reason the CS18 can see the computer/Studio One but can't actually connect to or control it is because UCNET discovery messages (the thing that tells UCNET clients like the CS18 or UC Surface what UCNET servers like the mixers or Studio One are available on the network) are sent via Broadcast, so Discovery packets go to all subnets on the physical network link. This is why the CS18 can see Studio One in a different subnet, but can't connect to/control it. A UCNET client can't actually connect to or control a UCNET server if it's in a different subnet.

That's why this didn't work for you on 7055, and why updating to the Public Beta did work. One of the features of the public beta were revised and expanded network capabilities, for the CS18 and all the mixers, including new network work modes like Manual Static IP assignment, and which includes revising the self-assigned IP address mode so that it is compatible with the APIPA / ZeroConf Networking schemes that your computer uses.

DrummerNick wroteI would rather talk to someone with actual hands on experience of the product being discussed as they come across a lot of problems that tech support don't foresee.

Tech Support (nor QA for that matter) can't really forsee anything per se, but the guys in Tech Support most definitely have hands on experience with the products they support (and often in real world scenarios outside of work). They also will generally be the best resource on current known issues, as they are the first ones to hear about them from customers. Their biggest problem is just that there aren't enough of them, or enough hours in the day, to help everyone with everything. They're the hardest-working bunch of people I know though, and I know, because I used to be in Tech Support.

DrummerNick wroteOn page one of the user manual, the first thing it tells you to do is update the firmware, that to me says, "we didn't quite get it right first time round."

Matthew is right on this one. The reason the manual tells you that the first thing to do is update your firmware is because it's often the case that between the time the device rolls off the assembly line (and then sits on the dealer shelf or in an inventory warehouse) and when it's actually purchased and makes it to a customers hands can be many months, so it's always possible, if not likely even, that the firmware that the unit shipped with is not the latest firmware with the latest fixes, or the latest new features. This is also true for the entire life-cycle of the product, not just at launch.

And this is part of what makes the world of digital mixers really great, in that, much like software, you're not buying just a static piece of hardware that will always only do what it does when you buy it (or always have the problems it had when you bought it). The original StudioLive consoles evolved greatly over their lifespan, both with fixes, and with new features, doing all sorts of things that were never planned or even considered originally. The AI consoles, RM mixers, and CS18 are no different.

DrummerNick wroteThat didn't help matters as 7055 needs 7045 before it will update according to the 7055 notes

I'm not sure what notes you're referring to, Nick, but that is actually not correct. The CS18 does not have to be stepped through any firmware versions. It can go straight to whatever firmware version you put on the thumb drive.

Lequarius wroteit is VERY SELECTIVE on how it is started up, and how it is configured with the network/computer.

I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that because the mixer looks for a DHCP server on the network to give it an address at boot, if the router/DHCP server is not up and ready to give out IP addresses, then the mixer can't get an IP address from it, and automatically switches to self-assigned IP mode, leaving the mixer in a different subnet than the router and any other devices that managed to get IP addresses.

The problem for most people stemmed from having everything on a single power switch, meaning the router (which often takes a while to come online, sometimes upwards of a minute) was being powered on at the same time as the mixer (which boots and looks for a DHCP address in about 15 seconds), so the mixer was looking for the router before the router was ready, and when it didn't see the router after a while, it would revert to self-assigned mode.

Technically, this is more a matter of general networking best practices, in that if you have devices that rely on a network infrastructure and a DHCP server in order to work and communicate, then that network infrastructure and DHCP server (the router) should be up and running before you put those devices on the network.

Still, we listened and we recognized that this was tripping a lot of people up, and so one of the improvements in the public beta was to remove the automatic fail-over to self-assigned mode, and instead make each network mode a fixed user setting, so the mixer networking will always and only work exactly as you want.

This is also precisely the sort of thing that's really difficult to foresee or predict, and that only after customer feedback were we able to recognize and improve, with a free firmware update.

Lequarius wroteANY variance, and it locks up.

This doesn't sound right. I've never experienced or seen reported an AI mixer lock up because of any network or computer power on order or sequence. At most, you would have a mixer that wasn't connected to the same network subnet, and so remote apps wouldn't be able to connect over the network. Are you saying that the entire standalone mixer would lock up because of the order you powered it on?

Lequarius wroteSince I use it with a dedicated computer, and network set up SPECIFICALLY for the board it works pretty good. God forbid the network cable ever comes out, because it sends the system into a knipshit.

Again, this doesn't sound right to me, and I've honestly, in all my experience with the AI mixer platform (from pre-birth in 2013 till today) never seen where disconnecting the network cable would cause anything other than a loss of network connection. Are you saying something more would happen to the mixer just by unplugging the ethernet cable?

And for the record, Lequarius, please don't take this as a challenge so much as genuine confusion and inquiry. I ask simply because what you describe here doesn't fit anything I know or have experienced with the AI mixer platform.

Anyway. I do hope this helps clear some things up here.

Cheers everyone,
Jason
by Lequarius on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:16 pm
Hi Jason,

Great info! This has to be the best technical answer I have seen on the forum, and actually explains a lot! I wish more Presonus people of your calibre would chime in more. As far as your quotes at the end of your post, I don't take any offense, and don't mind being called out on any info I supply that might be incorrect. If we don't challenge or question info, we never really learn as much as we can.

I meant it won't respond or affect anything from the computer, and I apologize for the error of my post. I'm okay on computers, but networking is kind of like the little black box. You don't know why it works, what it does, you just turn it on and it works.

I'm thinking the issue is related to what you described in your post. I will take your tidbits, and see if they make a difference.

Again, thank you for your excellent info, and I'm sure everyone would agree, we would love to see you stop in more often!

Cheers

Leqs

Athena 4U Chassis i7-3770K Processor 5.0GHz(OC)|Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H|2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600|2GB Crucial SSD|SanDisk Extreme Pro 500GB SSD|SIIG 3 Port 9 wire Firewire Card|VIA 3 Port USB 2.0 Card|LG DVD/CD Drive|Gigabyte GTX 750 1GB(OC)|S1 Pro 4|D-Link DIR-615|Edirol UA-700|AB1818VSL |AS-900T IE Monitor System|Studiolive 24 S3|Studiolive RM16L|Alesis SR18|Digitech Vocalist Live Pro|Behringer DSP2024P|Nektar LX88+|Alesis Strike Force E-Drums|
by DrummerNick on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:23 pm
Jason, If your sales guys had given me this information when I purchased the CS18ai, I would have kept it and waited for the updates. Unfortunately, this information isn't readily available to the end user via the dealer network, they were also in the dark. I tip my hat to you on this reply. I'm very happy with my 01v96i as it does all I need and more, but as a dedicated Studio One user, it is a shame I had to get rid of the 16.0.2 and CS18ai. Perhaps one day, Presonus will come round to the idea of making a true dedicated S1 controller rather than tacking it on to a product designed for another job.

38 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2