Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Does this work? Has anyone tried it?

I'd like to try out the CS18ai and Studio One v3 on a MacBook Air. I suspect only the control protocol will work. However, I plan to test the 4x2 audio interface as well. The manual for the CS18ai states that the audio IO will work over a direct ethernet AVB connection to a computer (no router or switch necessary). This of course assumes that one's ethernet hardware is AVB compatible.

Thanks in advance.
by Karyn on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:24 am
It also assumes that Presonus has written the part of the firmware that allows sending audio over AVB to a computer... and updated Studio One to accept AVB audio..

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by stingray1122 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:11 pm
Sorry, the AVDECC portion of the AVB protocol that allows it to work with Apple computers is not available yet. I didn't realize it called it out in the manual. I'll be sure we update that. My apologies.

You will get full control using the Thunderbolt to Gigabit adapter.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by rokko101 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:31 pm
I planning to buy a CS18ai to use as control surface with Studio One 3.

My question is: Can I connect the unit directly to my Mac Pro's ethernet port without loosing the ability to connect to the net wires sly (using internal airpot wifi card)?

I know certain units like SSL Nucleus require the unit to be connect to a switch or router that is on the same network in order to use WiFi and controller simultaneously.

I'd prefer a simple straight CAT5 cable between CS18AI and my Mac... but if that implies loosing access to internet over WIFI then I guess the only solution would be to buy a switch (Airport Express base station in my case).

I'd appreciate any insight.

MacOS 12.6, Mac Pro 2012 Xeon 3.06Ghz 24Gb RAM, Mac Mini 2012 i7, Studio One v.6 , Presonus Studio 192, AudioBox iOne.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1