Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've read the On Line full manual for the CS and saw how to change colors. However, on the actual console, the spot for color change is not there. Is this a future feature or am I missing something?
by stingray1122 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:01 pm
We didn't get the full implementation for changing the colors in this first release due to other issues that were more critical to have resolved. It will be in the next release.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by ricdonzell on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:49 pm
Thanks! Thought I was going nuts looking for it!!
by tcastudios on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:29 pm
Having the latest FW, 9203, and I can't find color settings for the scribble.
I'm I missing something, was hoping it was now implemented, as it can be seen
in some promos.

Cheers
Lennart
by wahlerstudios on Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:47 pm
http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210048463-CS18-New-Features-UC-1-5-Update-

"User-Assignable Channel Select Button Colors: In CS18 channel settings, color selections have been added and can be assigned on a per-channel basis. To remove a custom color, select the “no color” box in the bottom left corner of the screen. These colors are saved in scenes and don’t require that a certain Scene filter is engaged to load with the stored Scene (they will always load)."

Hopefully this answers your question.
by tcastudios on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:38 am
Thanks, yes the select buttons the color can be set. But as the title sais, the Scribble LED windows, where the channelnumber, pan and name reads are all no color.

One can see in some promo clips running the test mode the LEDs are shifting colors as well.
by tcastudios on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:04 pm
Hm, can't find any example videos anymore... just one where the scribble LEDs are
shifting in color but it actually looks as reflections/video recording artifacts.

So maybe the scribble LEDs are only monocromatic?

Cheers
Lennart
by wahlerstudios on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:09 pm
I guess so. At least for SL III it is confirmed that there is " no color on the scribble strips. We use the Channel Select buttons to show and customize multicolor channel indication." https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=338&t=21727

It looks like that this is the same for CS18AI. The manual (chapter 5.4) shows it a little different, but the text clearly says that only the "Select" buttons can be colored, as described above. I don't own a CS18AI, so I can only "read" and think...

8 posts
Page 1 of 1